TP's 2022 7-Round Mock Draft 1.0

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Mostly I traded for this pick just to say I was the only one in the mock draft section to take this player, because I think he is going to be chosen in a few days and surprise some people:

:bruins select, from the Victoriaville Tigres, RW Maxime Pellerin. Pellerin, 19, was passed over in last year's draft, but as the Captain of the rebuilding Tigres he led the team in scoring by 24 points and was the only player on the team to play more than 60 games and not finish a minus.

Pellerin is not small at 6'0 180 lbs and already plays a pro-style game. He is great defensively while also being a strong play driver. Kudos to @Vachon23 for taking him in the Habs mock, he wrote up a good report on him:

Really good 200 ft game and he's really good to win puck battle in the corners with great strength in his upper body. He posses a great shoot that make him a trait on the PP and get underrated hands. Can play a power game as much as skill game and he's a really good kid, 95 % average in the classroom. His act like a real professional already and work extremely hard during the summer to elevate his game.

I feel like he is a good real bet to actually get taken by Boston, fits with their track record of identifying guys like Bergy and Marchand way ahead of the curve. @ZanTheMan up!

Last edited:

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I'm gonna have fun with this pick.

:bruins selects D Kasper Larsen, a 6'6 231 lbs MONSTER who had a phenomenal rookie year in the OHL this season. Larsen was really fun to watch owing to how physical he is, but he also had 43 (!) points in 52 games. Sure enough Brock Otten wrote in his review of '22 draft re-entries that Larsen is "truly more of a puck mover and stronger in the offensive zone currently. Which would probably surprise people given his profile". In OHL coach polls, he finished high up in Most Underrated and Hardest Shot, so there's a lot to work with.

Once the Big Z retires to take a player development role with Boston, Larsen will be his first big (lol) project. I'd bet on him becoming an NHLer over 80% of this draft class just given all his raw tools.

@ZanTheMan up again.

Reactions: uncleben

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
:wild
Minnesota selects D Jake Livanavage of the Chicago Steel.
4-Livanavage-Jake-scaled.jpg

lf.jpeg-18.jpg

16- RW Filip Mesar/HK Poprad (Slovakia)
27- F Jagger Firkus/Moose Jaw (WHL)
47- C Adam Ingram/Youngstown (USHL)
56- F Adam Sykora/HK Nitra (Slovakia)
67- D Tomas Hamara/Tappara (Liiga)
121- D Jake Livanavage/Chicago (USHL)

@flyersdad is up, will pm.

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
:cbj are proud to select from Sherbrooke of the QMJHL, RHD, David Spacek.

@Strawberry Fields pmed

Draft:
1st RD - 6th OA - C/W, Cutter Gauthier, US National Team (USHL)
1st RD - 12th OA - LHD, Denton Mateychuk, Moose Jaw (WHL)
2nd RD - 44th OA - C, Cameron Lund, Green Bay (USHL)
3rd RD - 96th OA - LHD, Tyler Duke, US National Team (USHL)
4th RD - 109th OA - RW, Dmitri Buchelnikov, SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)
4th RD - 122th OA - RHD, David Spacek, Sherbrooke (QMJHL)

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
:flyers
Philadelphia is pleased to select D Tyson Jugnauth of the West Kelowna Warriors.

8b146cda0af7c5ee8c4ab6b79dbd9049-cropped.jpeg.jpg

lf.jpeg-17.jpg

10- C Matthew Savoie/Winnipeg (WHL)
42- RD Sam Rinzel/Chaska (USHS)
69- C Paul Ludwinski/Kingston (OHL)
101- RW Tucker Robertson/Peterborough (OHL)
104- RD Ryan Healey/Chicago (USHL)
123- LD Tyson Jugnauth/West Kelowna (BCHL)

@Teemu (Will pm)

Reactions: flyersdad

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
The Carolina Hurricanes select Kenta Isogai, forward, Youngstown Phantoms

PM sent

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
:cbj are proud to select from Sherbrooke of the QMJHL, RHD, David Spacek.

@Strawberry Fields pmed

Draft:
1st RD - 6th OA - C/W, Cutter Gauthier, US National Team (USHL)
1st RD - 12th OA - LHD, Denton Mateychuk, Moose Jaw (WHL)
2nd RD - 44th OA - C, Cameron Lund, Green Bay (USHL)
3rd RD - 96th OA - LHD, Tyler Duke, US National Team (USHL)
4th RD - 109th OA - RW, Dmitri Buchelnikov, SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)
4th RD - 122th OA - RHD, David Spacek, Sherbrooke (QMJHL)

Tyler Duke is an Ohioan who will attend OSU and Spacek’s dad played for Columbus. The Jackets definitely have a history of going for Columbus area players, and with Sillinger they have now drafted the son of a former player. But the Jackets need some bigger defensemen. Mateychuk, Duke, and Spacek are all on the shorter side. I think the Jackets will be looking at some bigger guys on defense.

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
Tyler Duke is an Ohioan who will attend OSU and Spacek’s dad played for Columbus. The Jackets definitely have a history of going for Columbus area players, and with Sillinger they have now drafted the son of a former player. But the Jackets need some bigger defensemen. Mateychuk, Duke, and Spacek are all on the shorter side. I think the Jackets will be looking at some bigger guys on defense.
Perhaps. I tried to target players Jarmo would target. High skill guys. He seems to target bigger/longer term prospects in rd 5-7. Someone like Stephen Halliday or jack sparkes seems very Jarmo.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Perhaps. I tried to target players Jarmo would target. High skill guys. He seems to target bigger/longer term prospects in rd 5-7. Someone like Stephen Halliday or jack sparkes seems very Jarmo.

I could see him targeting any of those three. But not all three. The Jackets used to have big guys in defense (Jones, Savard) but not anymore. This is a good draft for defense. I think they will get a good size defensemen in the first two rounds. (BTW, Spacek is the most likely of the three to be drafted by the CMJ in my opinion.)

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
I could see him targeting any of those three. But not all three. The Jackets used to have big guys in defense (Jones, Savard) but not anymore. This is a good draft for defense. I think they will get a good size defensemen in the first two rounds. (BTW, Spacek is the most likely of the three to be drafted by the CMJ in my opinion.)
I’m very high on mateychuk. Although Jarmo seems like a guy who would have bichsel high on his board. I’m not as high on duke as people seem to be but he’s rated in the 70-80s by people like pronman and wheeler from the athletic.

Reactions: uncleben and koteka

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Might as well just keep going until Thursday, no?
I'm down to, personally
May as well

If people want to drop out, I understand, too
Waiting on the clock to auto does slow things down though, so I say if anyone knows they don't want to continue, better to opt out now, and we can skip, auto, or reassign those picks

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'm down to, personally
May as well

Waiting on the clock to auto does slow things down though, so I say if anyone knows they don't want to continue, better to opt out now, and we can skip, auto, or reassign those picks
I’m in.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm down to, personally
May as well

I don’t really need to continue. Haven’t been able to keep up and am winging the hell out of this. You can auto the rest of Dallas’s picks.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad