Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
kmad said:
We can only speculate MVP so far.

USA - Chris Chelios or Robert Esche
Canada - Martin Brodeur
Finland - Miikka Kiprusoff
Czech Republic - I don't know - Elias? Vokoun? Zidlicky?

Although I agree with Kipper, I just think that with Timonen's 6 points, he surely must be "worth" consideration, even though it's virtually a Kipper guarantee..

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MVPs of each team that is left in the tournament:

U.S. Keith Tkachuk
Canada: Martin Brodeur
Czech Republic: Jaromir Jagr
Finland: Mikka Kiprusoff

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Rabid Ranger said:
MVPs of each team that is left in the tournament:

U.S. Keith Tkachuk
Canada: Martin Brodeur
Czech Republic: Jaromir Jagr
Finland: Mikka Kiprusoff

I agree with each of those except Jagr. Jagr has been good but I would have to go with Elias for the Czechs as of right now.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Canada - Brodeur, Sakic, Iginla, Lemieux
USA - Tkachuk, Guerin, Esche
Finland - Kiprusoff, Timonen, Koivu
Czech - Elias, Havlat, Jagr, Vokoun

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
I hope it turns out to be Brewer, Bouwmeister or Hannan, if just so that all those people who said they didn't deserve to be there will finally admit they were wrong.

With every one playing well for Canada there is no clear cut choice, so you gotta think that if he keeps up the pace of only allowing 3 goals in 4 games Brodeur will end up getting it. (assuming of course Canada makes it to the final...scratch that, when Canada makes it to the final).

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Garfield said:
Canada - Brodeur, Sakic, Iginla, Lemieux

I dont think Lemieux should be a candiate at all. He hasnt done much this tourney. I think he should be behind Richards, Lecavalier, and Smyth who have all done more so far.

Liquidrage*

Quick, name the game the Canadians have been outplayed in so far? Name it.

This is why people like me get so sick of the Brodeur lovefest.
He hasn't been even close to the MVP.

The Canadians have outplayed their opponents in every game getting far more chances against then they have given up. They have so far dominated the tournyment.

He's made plenty of nice saves. But he hasn't stolen a single game yet. And overwhelmingly people are saying the MVP? That's sickening when I've seen every Canadian game and they've dominated them.

Beakermania*

Broduer has been there when needed, its not about stealing games, hes been consistently in the three stars every game for canada and has only given up 3 goals in 4 games. Thats a GAA of 0.75. His save % is outstanding, over .960 so while canada is outplaying the opposition they are still getting chances too. No Canadian forward or defenceman has really stood out for more than a game. Thats why if Canada goes 6-0 it has to be Marty.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Liquidrage said:
Quick, name the game the Canadians have been outplayed in so far? Name it.

This is why people like me get so sick of the Brodeur lovefest.
He hasn't been even close to the MVP.

The Canadians have outplayed their opponents in every game getting far more chances against then they have given up. They have so far dominated the tournyment.

He's made plenty of nice saves. But he hasn't stolen a single game yet. And overwhelmingly people are saying the MVP? That's sickening when I've seen every Canadian game and they've dominated them.
Are you done yet?

SopelFan*

Mo's Bald Spot said:
tournie mvp will be either nazzy or jovo. i gerintee it. maybe malik too. they can shere it!!!!1
You aren't funny.

Liquidrage*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Are you done yet?

No. And you clearly can't name me the game the Canadians were outplayed in. You can't name me the game Brodeur stole. You can't because they didn't happen.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Liquidrage said:
No. And you clearly can't name me the game the Canadians were outplayed in. You can't name me the game Brodeur stole. You can't because they didn't happen.

They weren't outplayed in games as a whole but they were during periods where Brodeur kept the opposing team off the scoresheet. 2nd and 3rd vs USA and 1st vs Slovakia in both games. You don't have to steal games to be the MVP. You just have to prove you were the best player for the team. Brodeur has been the only player to play well in every game so far. The tourney isn't over either.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
trahans99 said:
Esche, HAHAHAH are you kidding. The MVP will come from the winning nation and you know that the American babyless Hull won't win. They all may end up in the hospital with a heart attack.

Maple Leafs fan?

The USA may not win this tournament but Esche has proven he's a better goalie (today not career) than Brodeur and Eddie "the Greatest Goalie on the greatest team in the universe" Belfour.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Mountaineers said:
Maple Leafs fan?

The USA may not win this tournament but Esche has proven he's a better goalie (today not career) than Brodeur and Eddie "the Greatest Goalie on the greatest team in the universe" Belfour.
Tell me how he did that since Brodeur won the Vezina the last two years and is currently playing better then Esche in this tourney. Other then beating NJ in the playoff Esche has nothinggggggggggggg on Brodeur.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyfan02 said:
I dont think Lemieux should be a candiate at all. He hasnt done much this tourney. I think he should be behind Richards, Lecavalier, and Smyth who have all done more so far.
I think Garfield's list is in good order for Canada's MVPs so far.

Dantonius

Sep 5, 2004
Paradiso
www.repubblica.it
Liquidrage, who do you think should be the MVP? If you don't feel as if there's a clear-cut MVP, then list a few candidates.

Since Team Canada's loss to Sweden in 2002, Brodeur has been 8-0-1 with a GAA of 1.22 and a Save % over .960. Don't forget that Canada's defense (while still strong) isn't quite as good as it was in '02. However, Marty's play hasn't slipped a notch. He's playing his heart out every game and MORE than well enough for the team to win. Remember how Gaborik and Frolov broke their stick in frustration?

And mention Esche's postseason victory over him ad nauseam if you wish, because it might be the only thing you can consistently use. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying watching Marty win something--again.

Last edited:

ZadorovNJD*

Anybody arguing with Liquidrage about Brodeur is wasting their time. He will find any excuse to discredit Brodeur's 3 cups, olympic gold medal, and excellent performance thus far in the World Cup (you can't call it anything else and claim objectivity).

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Maybe Vincent Lecavalier. I think he has been as good as anybody for Canada. Not bad for a last minute replacement for Stevie Y. I agree with the logic, but not the sentiment, that Brodeur won't win if he doesn't steal any games. He has been great, but if Canada keeps winning 5-1 he won't be MVP no matter how good he plays.

On the other hand, the goalie that beats Canada could be the MVP, if Canada doesn't win. All the teams left are capable of beating any of the others in one game with a break or two, or just a hot goalie, but I would have to say that Canada has to be the favourite at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad