Tourney MVP will be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Spaceace said:
At the same time, I wouldn't want Bertuzzi on my fav team,either. Tkachuk DOES take boneheaded penalties at times,but he doesn't try to sucker-punch players that wind up in the hospital w/ a neck brace. :teach:

Tkachuk is more of a headcase/moron on the ice than Bertuzzi is.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Spaceace said:
At the same time, I wouldn't want Bertuzzi on my fav team,either. Tkachuk DOES take boneheaded penalties at times,but he doesn't try to sucker-punch players that wind up in the hospital w/ a neck brace. :teach:

Agreed. I would take Tkachuk ten times over before I would even think of taking Bertuzzi.

Even though Tkachuk has more of a past with incidents, none nearly as bad as Berts.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Garfield said:
Agreed. I would take Tkachuk ten times over before I would even think of taking Bertuzzi.

Even though Tkachuk has more of a past with incidents, none nearly as bad as Berts.

Yeah... crossing checking to the throat is much nicer than sucker punching.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Garfield said:

Dont let Bert's sucker-punch fool you. Tkachuk has been suspended 5 times more than Bert has. Besides, overall Bert is a better player so I dont see how you can take Tkachuk.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Kipper is following my plan to the 'T'.

As I begun this thread, and as I'm on record as having said before the tourney began, Canada will play Finland in the final and the MVP will be Sakic or Kiprusoff, depending on which team wins it all. I predicted last month a 4-1 Canada over Finland final, so...

MVP Burnaby Joe! :yo:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
monster_bertuzzi said:
Dont let Bert's sucker-punch fool you. Tkachuk has been suspended 5 times more than Bert has. Besides, overall Bert is a better player so I dont see how you can take Tkachuk.

Maybe the sucker punch is what matters to him?

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Brodeur, Kipper, Mario, Sakic.

Maybe Koivu too.

If Czechs beat Canadians:

add in Jagr, Elias, and Havlat to the pool. Vokoun hasn't played too well.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
DownFromNJ said:
Brodeur, Kipper, Mario, Sakic...Maybe Koivu too...If Czechs beat Canadians:...add in Jagr, Elias, and Havlat to the pool. Vokoun hasn't played too well.
Ah heck, you might as well throw in the kitchen sink. :rolleyes:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
DownFromNJ said:
Brodeur, Kipper, Mario, Sakic.

Maybe Koivu too.

If Czechs beat Canadians:

add in Jagr, Elias, and Havlat to the pool. Vokoun hasn't played too well.

Just the fact that you can name 3 Canadiens makes me think that none of them will win it, IMHO it will be Kipper regardless of the outcome of the final.

monkey_00*

I would pick Martin Brodeur and I think he'll be the one selected HOWEVER, If he doesn't play tonight like some have ben stating in here that could change the selection.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
No Lightning in the forecast. :snide:

Tourney MVP will NOT be St. Louis or Richards anyways.

It's hard to do from the end of the bench.

Last edited:

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
how could it not be lecavalier at this point? i mean honestly, if canada wins and he doesn't win it, he's been screwed.

enough with the mario asskissing. he makes a crossice pass that goes to NOONE and commentators praise him. enough already!

kipper for finland if they win, vinny for canada if we win.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
deathbear said:
how could it not be lecavalier at this point? i mean honestly, if canada wins and he doesn't win it, he's been screwed.
:loony: Because he sat on the bench longer than most others? Or simply because he scored the winning goal by being in the right place at the right time to try to shovel it in twice? :shakehead Less than half a game a tourney MVP doesn't make.

You can't say Joe Sakic's efforts haven't been great in this tourney overall, and if Burnaby Joe is a force in the Final he'll be a deserving MVP.

As I begun this thread: Sakic :thumbu: or Kiprusoff

Mario and Vinny have been less deserving than Brodeur overall, I think. You can't just look at one game, unless it's a head-and-shoulders over others effort, which Vinny's wasn't it seems in the semi. What do you other guys think?

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
VanIslander said:
:loony: Because he sat on the bench longer than most others? Or simply because he scored the winning goal by being in the right place at the right time to try to shovel it in twice? :shakehead Less than half a game a tourney MVP doesn't make.

You can't say Joe Sakic's efforts haven't been great in this tourney overall, and if Burnaby Joe is a force in the Final he'll be a deserving MVP.

Mario and Vinny have been less deserving than Brodeur overall, I think. You can't just look at one game, unless it's a head-and-shoulders over others effort, which Vinny's wasn't it seems in the semi. What do you other guys think?

dont ****ing talk to me as though i'm a nutjob. alright? im serious.

in case you havent noticed, oh wise one, lecavalier has two more points than anyone else on team canada, is second in tournament scoring behind modin, and has been selected as the first star of the game for his team twice.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
VanIslander said:
than half a game a tourney MVP doesn't make.

oh boy, i didn't even read this part.

it's difficult to convey my feelings about you and your particular comment without having the mods close this thread, and perhaps banning me.

honestly, have you not watched any of the games for yourself? your blatant and ridiculously bashful ignorance of the matter doesn't deserve the reply i'm issueing.

nevertheless, i did anyway. and i feel as though i'm a lesser man for it.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I'll take Vinny right now. Brodeur if he wasnt hurt. And maybe Sakic if he comes up with his Salt Lake magic on Tuesday. Of course the darkhorse here is Kipper, if they win no question. If they win he'll have to be ala Mike Richter 1996, so I'd have no problem with Kipper.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
VanIslander said:

You're the one who's :loony:. Vincent Lecavalier has been great for Canada. He'll get my vote if Canada wins.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Spaceace said:
Did those cross-checks land the player in a hospital w/ a broken neck?? Don't think so. :shakehead :teach:

lol Out smarted by your superfastquickthinkingbrain. I guess if someone shoots at you but misses it's all cool as well? Well done sport. Walt is a great PF but a filthy hockey player. Doesn't get much clearer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->