WJC: Tournament Awards & All-Star Team (Post #1 for winners)

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
id say YES! and USA luck in scoring those goals today should win a trophy- To win on those goals cant be so sweet, but crap by Sweden not scoring other than that beautiful goal.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Obviously everyone who got picked...minus Forsberg deserves congrats. I just singled those two out cause they repped my two favorite teams big time.

Oh and I was looking at the top player awards. Not the all star team selections. Trouba for best D. Gibson for MVP and best G.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
He created several chances and worked his ass off every sinle game. Easily our best forward.

Yeah? I think Forsberg was fine, but I liked Karlsson's game a lot throughout. Honorable mention to Arvidsson, especially if he moved the puck a little more. I thought Karlsson was impressive at both ends of the ice, whether he was better or not, it was close enough where I wouldn't use the word "easily" to describe the discrepancy, but maybe I'm way off...

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Yeah? I think Forsberg was fine, but I liked Karlsson's game a lot throughout. Honorable mention to Arvidsson, especially if he moved the puck a little more. I thought Karlsson was impressive at both ends of the ice, whether he was better or not, it was close enough where I wouldn't use the word "easily" to describe the discrepancy, but maybe I'm way off...

Karlsson was decent against Russia and good in the final, the rest of the games he was crap. Also think he didn't get a single point in the tournament?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Karlsson was decent against Russia and good in the final, the rest of the games he was crap. Also think he didn't get a single point in the tournament?

Hmph...he was very noticeable in a positive way for me. If I was drawing it up, I think it would go something like Karlsson/Arvidsson, Forsberg/Rakell/Collberg in terms of positive impact. But maybe I'm alone in that...

:laugh: And yeah, I haven't looked at stats yet clearly...I'm hoping that Karlsson doesn't have a big goose egg there...I think I recall an assist, hopefully there's more there!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm a Grigo fan but there's no way he should have been in the first all-star team. Not enough stats to show with a fine effort.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
RNH should not have been top forward. He really didn't stand out much.

Gaudreau was a lot better when it counted as well.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver

Gaudreau was great, but RNH was better. The only game he didn't dominate on the score sheet was the semis game and if you go back and actually watch the game he still made lots of things happen and had some good scoring chances. Gibson just bested him that game in their one on one.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden

Karlsson was the most dissapointing skater on team Sweden. He redeemed himself a bit in the final two games but overall he was a major dissapointment and absolutely the worst forward on Sweden.

Arvidsson was the best forward imo slightly ahead of Forsberg, Lindholm and wennberg.

pocketful

"We'll see"
Feb 3, 2012

RNH isn't really a flashy player but at the end of the game his name will be on the score sheet. He is top forward because he out-produced everyone else.

Liked that Trouba was named top D of the tournament. He was a beast in the games I saw. Winnipeg has a gem!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad