WJC: Tournament Awards & All-Star Team (Post #1 for winners)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Edit...didn't notice the date these posts were posted. Disregard.

Last edited:

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
ok I don't really think that any swedes really stood out, but we are in the finals so I will try to break the trend.

Forsberg haven't produced a tons of goals, but works hard every shift and has done a good job defensively.

Wikstrand has stepped up in the time of need and done a fine job filling the spot of klefbom, Brodin, Lindholm.

Gaudreau - Nugent-Hopkins - Forsberg
Wikstrand - Trouba
Gibson

HM: Lindholm, but RNH has been great.

Steerner

May 20, 2012
I would have put another Canadian there but didn't really want to have 2 Canadian forwards. Do you think there's anyone else in the group better than Galchenyuk? He's clearly been the best on his team, Russia really don't have any standouts, even Kucherov hasn't been the best, you could put Dano there but I don't really want to include relegation teams forwards

as for Gibson/Subban, Subban has been outstanding in his last 2 games, I don't really think you give it to the goalie with 2 losses against the teams that matter and his only wins over Germany and Slovakia
I take it that Canada doesn't matter then, no?
Still beat you 5-1, Gibson is way better.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I take it that Canada doesn't matter then, no?
Still beat you 5-1, Gibson is way better.

Can't find his post but ill add to your response.

If the US lost those games 1-0 would it still be Gibson's fault? The last person to blame for the Canada and Russia losses was John Gibson. He kept those close. Other than strong homerism I don't understand how anyone can think Subban had a better tournament than Gibson.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Can't find his post but ill add to your response.

If the US lost those games 1-0 would it still be Gibson's fault? The last person to blame for the Canada and Russia losses was John Gibson. He kept those close. Other than strong homerism I don't understand how anyone can think Subban had a better tournament than Gibson.

I wasn't blaming Gibson, just saying that you rarely see a team be 2-2 through the group stage, beating Slovakia and Germany, and winning best goalie.

Not saying he wasn't the best goalie at the time but he just hadn't done enough to win it. Now he has and he will

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
ok I don't really think that any swedes really stood out, but we are in the finals so I will try to break the trend.

Forsberg haven't produced a tons of goals, but works hard every shift and has done a good job defensively.

Wikstrand has stepped up in the time of need and done a fine job filling the spot of klefbom, Brodin, Lindholm.

Wikstrand - Trouba
Gibson

HM: Lindholm, but RNH has been great.

Nice team, but I think we will see one Swede on the AST, not two. So here's my guess:

Yarullin - Trouba
Gibson

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
Best Player of the 2013 WJC

Regardless of whether USA wins the gold, Gibson has to be the MVP.

Johnny Gaudreau and RNH are the best players of the tournament IMO. I would take Gaudreau over RNH in terms of performance, however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad