Toughest Division In Hockey?

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Yo Ed,

I find it amusing that other teams fans don't give respect to the South East Division teams. It is ridiculous. I find their games much more entertaining to watch. A lot of the other divisions are so boring that you already know the result of the game and the type of game they are going to play.

Dear reader... this is utterly peposterous... you are clearly un-informed since there is clear evidence that the North east division clearly and evidently is the most competitive and awsome division in the league! It's clear through the wonders of mathematics and statistics that when compared to all other divisions the North East has accumulated the most points and is therefore the most competitive... :yo:

North East 86
Central 85
North West 85
Pacific 84
Atlantic 83
South East 70

It is also clear from the statistical evidence that not only is the north east division the most competitive, but also (it is clear) that the south east division is the worst... followed by the Atlantic division! :teach:

Last edited:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Pretty sure the Caps have never won the HFNHL Stanley Cup.

You're right - they haven't. They played Atlanta in the 2001-02 Eastern Conf Finals, but I'm not sure who won. I think they did win and went on to lose to San Jose in the Stanley Cup Finals, but our records are incomplete for that season.

For those new to the league or those who don't remember, Douglas started as the Caps GM but jumped ship to rebuild an awful (and I mean AWFUL) Blue Jackets team, pretty much from scratch.

HFNHL Red Wings

You're right - they haven't. They played Atlanta in the 2001-02 Eastern Conf Finals, but I'm not sure who won. I think they did win and went on to lose to San Jose in the Stanley Cup Finals, but our records are incomplete for that season.

For those new to the league or those who don't remember, Douglas started as the Caps GM but jumped ship to rebuild an awful (and I mean AWFUL) Blue Jackets team, pretty much from scratch.

Looking at the Jackets record so far I think he needs to rebuild again :sarcasm:

Anyway I think Douglas was still the GM of the Caps at the time. Had he gotten past Atlanta we would have met in those finals and I would have an HFNHL Cup to show for all these years in the league.

Merry Christmas Douglas :xcheers:

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Looking at the Jackets record so far I think he needs to rebuild again :sarcasm:

Anyway I think Douglas was still the GM of the Caps at the time. Had he gotten past Atlanta we would have met in those finals and I would have an HFNHL Cup to show for all these years in the league.

Merry Christmas Douglas :xcheers:

Douglas, don't pay attention to Drews comment here. He is just afraid that you might go into this bizzare winning streak like you did couple of season ago and meet him in the first round playoffs.:amazed:

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
Dear reader... this is utterly peposterous... you are clearly un-informed since there is clear evidence that the North east division clearly and evidently is the most competitive and awsome division in the league! It's clear through the wonders of mathematics and statistics that when compared to all other divisions the North East has accumulated the most points and is therefore the most competitive... :yo:

North East 86
Central 85
North West 85
Pacific 84
Atlantic 83
South East 70

It is also clear from the statistical evidence that not only is the north east division the most competitive, but also (it is clear) that the south east division is the worst... followed by the Atlantic division! :teach:

Yo Ed,

Statistics can be manipulated to make a point. As I don't have access to superior modern day technology such as you have at you work place, I do wonder about the validity of your results. I wish to hazard a guess that you have taken into account the intradivisional games. This will definitely skew the points. Point is statistics are meaningless.

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Yo Ed,

Statistics can be manipulated to make a point. As I don't have access to superior modern day technology such as you have at you work place, I do wonder about the validity of your results. I wish to hazard a guess that you have taken into account the intradivisional games. This will definitely skew the points. Point is statistics are meaningless.

The statistics tell me that there is a 99% chance that you're wrong... the other 1% is telling me you're an umbrella... you're choice :)

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
Yo Ed,

I find it that your inferences on my character quite demeaning. I was only trying to make a point and offer you a chance as to how you calculated those points. Only for you to berate me about my intelligence. My respect for you and your publication has been severely diminished. I sometimes wonder about the ages of your colleagues in your industry as many of the articles seemingly written for a reading age of a 4th grader. Although in saying all this, I am not surprise about all this as you are after all from a town deprived of any hockey success and the only feel good when antagonizing the opposition. Great class shown by yourself kind sir or is it a madame. :D

Former avid reader

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Dear Former Avid Reader

Never did I make any remarks regarding your character (although I should have) and furthermore never has anywone questions the reading level of this esteemed imaginary publication. Furthermore, as editor of said imaginary publication I have no affiliation with the Toronto Maple Leafs even though they are clearly the most Awsome and Amazing team in the league.... especially when compared to those sucky Carolina Hurricanes led by that pansy Ovechkin... :P

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
Yo Ed,

With your smart remarks, you have just re-inforced my point on your ineptitude to be professional and unbiased. To make comments on a team that is not within 200 miles of Toronto and make slanderous accusations against its best player is a little childish. I guess that is to be expected when you have Neanderthals such as yourself working for your regressive publications. For your information, I hail from Perth, Fulton (best county in the world), New York(Best state in the world). I am a Rangers supporter thank you. I like Ovechkin. Pity there isn't any pulling power in Toronto.

New Yorker

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Yo Ed,

For your information, I hail from Perth, Fulton (best county in the world), New York(Best state in the world). I am a Rangers supporter thank you. I like Ovechkin. Pity there isn't any pulling power in Toronto.

New Yorker

I wasn't implying that you were from Carolina, obviously you're not or else you wouldn't question the obvious fact that the Leafs are so much better then the Hurricanes... you know, I just don't understand where all this animosity comes from, it's not my fault that the Leafs are so Awsome and that the Hurricanes suck like a vacuum nor is it my fault that you're from new york and a rangers fan :D Maybe you should stick to reading the funny pages .. or those little pieces of advice that come from fortune cookies ... :shakehead

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Yo Ed,

With your smart remarks, you have just re-inforced my point on your ineptitude to be professional and unbiased. To make comments on a team that is not within 200 miles of Toronto and make slanderous accusations against its best player is a little childish. I guess that is to be expected when you have Neanderthals such as yourself working for your regressive publications. For your information, I hail from Perth, Fulton (best county in the world), New York(Best state in the world). I am a Rangers supporter thank you. I like Ovechkin. Pity there isn't any pulling power in Toronto.

New Yorker

:yo::yo:

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
I wasn't implying that you were from Carolina, obviously you're not or else you wouldn't question the obvious fact that the Leafs are so much better then the Hurricanes... you know, I just don't understand where all this animosity comes from, it's not my fault that the Leafs are so Awsome and that the Hurricanes suck like a vacuum nor is it my fault that you're from new york and a rangers fan :D Maybe you should stick to reading the funny pages .. or those little pieces of advice that come from fortune cookies ... :shakehead

Mr Ed,

You are talking in horse language. I can't understand what you are really trying to say. Why don't you speak to your own kind. The reason why those Leafs are doing so fine is due to the lack of quality they are playing. They have to start beating teams such as the Hurricanes and the Rangers before I will start respecting such an insipid team such as the Leafs. While I'm reading my funny pages and laughing at the jokes made about the Leafs plus eating a sumptious fortune cookie, why don't your read your hor-ror-oscope because I can see some doom and gloom coming your way. *du do du do du do*

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
The reason why those Leafs are doing so fine is due to the lack of quality they are playing.

What and the Hurricanes playing the Thrashers for 5 games so far this season and going 4-1 is quality playing? Fun fact, the Hurricans have scored 26 of their 65 goals against the Thrashers... that's 40% of the Canes total goals scored in only 25% of their total games played... :D

We'll we'll see who's eating crow pie after day 46... :fight:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad