Post-Game Talk: Tough loss 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe you guys had a different angle or replay, but I don't see the goaltender interference on Rosehill's goal.

Hall was out of the crease and Reimer came up to try and push him and he got beat on a deflection. That's not goaltender interference

Of course not flyer fan, because you are a flyer fan but if the EXACT SAME play goes against you and we win the game on it or god forbid a playoff series or hell even if say we beat NJ tomorrow on a similar play we both know you are singing a VERY different toon

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Tough game, thought the refs blew more calls against us than in our favour. Still, not a horrible loss by any means. At least this season when they lose a game they seem to always put up a fight and make it interesting. JVR's goal was sweet.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Also argue the use of Grabo makes little sense and the unwillingness to try other options on first line are suspect. How can you not try Kadri or Grabs at 1c doesnt make sense to me at all when L1 is playing this incomplete of a game.

Kadri is centering the #1 line, Lupul and Kulemin(who was deemed not good enough to play with Grabo) are the new #1 line.

They are producing while facing the other team's top lines.

What does Grabo bring to JVR and Kessel, a speed bullet to nowhere? We've seen his lack of playmaking ability and how he has turned Frattin, Macarthur, and Kule to stone this year. Isn't this enough evidence for you?

I thought you said yesterday that it was not the time to experiment, Grabo to the top line is an experiment. Adding a 183lbs Center who gets knocked off the puck and is puck possession dominant would take the puck out of the hands of 2 truly gifted players, Grabo is a black hole, he goes 100MPH doing nothing out there. It's obvious to most.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Honestly, as a Leafs fan and a goalie I don't think goalie interference should have been called on the goal. Hall may have slightly tapped Reimer with his stick but it doesn't look like he actually interfered with Reimer's ability to stop the puck, as the rule dictates. James always gets very territorial when players get near his crease (as he should) but in this case he distracted himself and got beat. Oh well, let's hope Lupul will get better soon and that the Leafs burn the boats against Jersey.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thanks man, do us a favour and knock the snot out of Atlan..err I mean Winnipeg for us. They don't deserve to be anywhere near a playoff spot with the way they've been playing lately. And their fans annoy the hell out of me, the arrogance of them is unreal. You think they'd have a bit more respect for their fellow brethren after getting their team back after close to 2 decades but nope.

We'll do our best. And by "we", I mean that with the rash of injuries to the Flyers, I might be on the second D pairing! ;)

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Tough game, thought the refs blew more calls against us than in our favour. Still, not a horrible loss by any means. At least this season when they lose a game they seem to always put up a fight and make it interesting. JVR's goal was sweet.

Sweetly meaningless!!! :p:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Orr couldn't get the job done, Rosehill dominates

I knew Rosehill would be a factor in the game as I posted yesterday but not to extent that he was. Orr challenged him after he removed the Leafs best player from the game and Rosehill hit about five times with a the left hand and down goes Colton. Philly just has too much toughness throughout their lineup for the Leafs to compete with. Just on last nights game it was clear that the Schenn's were more dominat than JVR and Nazem. Philly fans seem to be taking to Luke quite well on their board. He's playing back to his rookie season hitting every thing in site and leads the league in that department and is much bigger and stonger now Flyers fans love that.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I knew Rosehill would be a factor in the game as I posted yesterday but not to extent that he was. Orr challenged him after he removed the Leafs best player from the game and Rosehill hit about five times with a the left hand and down goes Colton. Philly just has too much toughness throughout their lineup for the Leafs to compete with. Just on last nights game it was clear that the Schenn's were more dominat than JVR and Nazem. Philly fans seem to be taking to Luke quite well on their board. He's playing back to his rookie season hitting every thing in site and leads the league in that department and is much bigger and stonger now Flyers fans love that.

Schenn would probably be looking a lot better under Carlyle now too.

Wilson hockey was ruining him!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

When Luke Schenn nearly plastered Kessel into the boards, I feared for Phil's life on that play.

Schenn was looking to erase him, and Kessel just squeaked through along the boards, avoiding being run over.

Schenn icing the win for the Flyers overshadowed the JVR goal.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

It's one game:laugh: give me a break. The teams won't play again this season but if they did Orr could just as easily put rosehill down in a fight. Not many nights this season you could say a Schenn was better then kadri. Plus the Lupul injury seemed to shock the team a bit. They just had a bad game as a team. Pierre McGuire said that was schenn's best game as a flyer this morning. Everything just went the flyers way and they got the win. Season series Leafs 2 Flyers 1

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
When Luke Schenn nearly plastered Kessel into the boards, I feared for Phil's life on that play.

Schenn was looking to erase him, and Kessel just squeaked through along the boards, avoiding being run over.

He also erased Kadri with stiff one also. Probably Randy was thinking that's what I need on my blueline. In fairness Carlyle had him for the last 20 games of so last year and he was strugling big time even then.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
It's one game:laugh: give me a break. The teams won't play again this season but if they did Orr could just as easily put rosehill down in a fight. Not many nights this season you could say a Schenn was better then kadri. Plus the Lupul injury seemed to shock the team a bit. They just had a bad game as a team. Pierre McGuire said that was schenn's best game as a flyer this morning. Everything just went the flyers way and they got the win. Season series Leafs 2 Flyers 1

In the end the Flyers have too many guys that can play and take the body with authority for the Leafs to match up with. When you have guys who can punish and score while playing 20 minutes a game the Leafs just don't match up, you can't play goons that much or they will be expossed for their overall lack of talent.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Sounds like you couldn't be happier.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Sounds like you couldn't be happier.

Not really, it's hurtfull to watch your beloved team get pushed around, but when you go over the rosters of other teams and the match up's and your honest with yourself it's inevetable that's going to happen.

MapleLeafGardens*

Jay Rosehill vs Colton Orr

Surprised there is no thread on the 2 former team mates dropping the gloves last night interesting sideshow tilt...

Could that be because 2 BIG left hands by Rosehill dropped the Leaf goon Orr like a sack o' potatoes?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117232

MapleLeafGardens*

Getting tired of seeing Orr get dummied this time by his old buddy Rosie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad