Torts nominated for Jack Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Surprised there is no thread on this.

He’s up against Cassidy (Boston) and Vigneault (Philly).

Gonna sound like a homer but this is Tort’s to lose and I’m excited to see the league take notice of the job he’s done this year. Injuries, offseason losses, green goalies, etc.

Personally I didn’t think they had a chance this year but I did not give Torts enough credit to adapt the style of play to his lineup. Helluva job.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I honestly figured it was going to be between him and Sullivan, and yet Sullivan isn't even a finalist. So, yeah.

Never been so happy to be so thoroughly wrong on something (or someone) ever in my life. ;)

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Seems to me like Torts beat out Sullivan for a spot. Torts did a great job this year but this is not his.

Cassidy
Torts
Vigneault

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I honestly figured it was going to be between him and Sullivan, and yet Sullivan isn't even a finalist. So, yeah.

Never been so happy to be so thoroughly wrong on something (or someone) ever in my life. ;)

Remember all that early season doom, gloom and panic..

I hate the idea of this "late season PO". I think the NHL should had folded on the season back in March/April. Our guys guys would heal, get lots of rest and more.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It would be nice to see Torts win it, if he does, he would be the 2nd coach to get 3. Not bad for a dinosaur, especially being that the last 2 would be since 2017. I am sure he, like all of us, would much rather get the cup. I think he is past individual awards.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He's certainly worthy of the nomination.

As far as arguing who deserves it, one would have to remember when the season in question was played. Outside of my memory range.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Remember all that early season doom, gloom and panic..

I hate the idea of this "late season PO". I think the NHL should had folded on the season back in March/April. Our guys guys would heal, get lots of rest and more.

But Sady, the guys HAVE healed and rested...now get ready for more.

If we cant bring back Boomer for the playoffs because of Weinstein and Epstein, how about....

#bringbacktheSTACHE

photo.php

Reactions: Madifer

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Kind of an odd list. I figured Torts would be on it, he deserves it. But not sure about AV or Cassidy. I get Boston is the best team in the league and Philly is a very good team, but I think Travis Green, Rick Bowness, and even John Sullivan were more worthy to be on the list. But oh well, good for Torts, even if he doesn't win (I think he should) its quite a testament to him as a coach.

Reactions: thebus88

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
Surprised there is no thread on this.

He’s up against Cassidy (Boston) and Vigneault (Philly).

Gonna sound like a homer but this is Tort’s to lose and I’m excited to see the league take notice of the job he’s done this year. Injuries, offseason losses, green goalies, etc.

Personally I didn’t think they had a chance this year but I did not give Torts enough credit to adapt the style of play to his lineup. Helluva job.

My vote goes to AV for sure.
Columbus has been pretty consistent for awhile and Torts deserves a lot of credit for maintaining the success after Panarin left, but AV really unlocked the Flyers after the first month or so of the regular season.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I don't think he deserves the award. Though we won a playoff series this year, the playoffs were 24 teams and we once again failed to make it past the Conference Quarterfinals.

If anything, he should be fired.

osurh18

Sep 22, 2008
I don't think he deserves the award. Though we won a playoff series this year, the playoffs were 24 teams and we once again failed to make it past the Conference Quarterfinals.

If anything, he should be fired.

You've got to be kidding right? Fire the coach that made a team that lost Bob, Panarin and Duchene in the offseason and had by far the most amount of man games lost to injury, into a competitive team that won a play in round and was very competitive against Tampa? You think Torts is to blame for that?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
You've got to be kidding right? Fire the coach that made a team that lost Bob, Panarin and Duchene in the offseason and had by far the most amount of man games lost to injury, into a competitive team that won a play in round and was very competitive against Tampa? You think Torts is to blame for that?

It's times like these I wish there was a "Dislike" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad