Post-Game Talk: Torts Annoyed in Recent Pressers

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Has anyone noticed Torts annoyance with someone in the press pool at the beginning of two recent post-games? His remark in both cases was, ""That damn thing...what are you doing with that thing?" Just wondering what that "damn thing" is.
Here's what I'm referring to: https://youtu.be/vJEwt5iX5oA

He's smirking and shaking his head - in other words, teasing, not annoyed. It's just a camera/video recorder. No controversy here.

I think it could also be that the media portrayed him in a much worse light than he actually ever was. I DO think he's changed, but I think it's a combination of those 2 things that makes it seem so stark.

Exactly this.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If the CBJ are a "group of businessmen", Torts is the regional manager who *****es at people if their phones go off in meetings.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Torts has been an angel since joining the Jackets.... I have noticed a tiny degree of emboldeness in recent pressers but he has the capital to so.... His team is kicking butt... :)

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Tiger does not get away from its stripes. I think there is a difference in whether you want someone as your neighbour or your coach.

AzZMGph.png

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
You can tell that the Jackets are having success based on the number of new voices during the post-game presser. Early in the season, it was all Porty and Metzold, with maybe an Arace question thrown in. Now, I'm listening/watching the pressers and hearing voices asking questions and wondering "Who the hell is that??"

Also, loved the jocularity during last night's presser when a female reporter (again, no idea whose voice it was) asked Torts about Wild Bill on the PP and prefaced with something like "I know you're not directly involved in the decision..." and Torts was like "Whoa...I'm involved in every decision" and much laughing ensued. You know things are going well when there's coach/media exchanges like that!

I thought I heard Torts comment at a presser a recently "where were you all at the beginning of the season?" So, must be getting crowded. Between a local non-hockey reporter asking dumb questions and some band wagon national reporter maybe testing him on CBJ run, the pressers may get more interesting. Until now, they've been much less ...um... challenging than dealing with a big market press corp like in Vancouver or New York.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad