Player Discussion Torrey Mitchell

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Mitchell plays a pretty fearless game. He's almost reckless out there. It's good to see guys who will give everything they have for their team. He is a Montreal boy after all.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Love that guy, doesn't back down from everyone, not always effective physically but still tries, and good 2-way game.

When you think about it, we got that guy for a 7th and Jack Nevins... yeah hahaha

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I hope he's alright. That was impressive how he got injured and scored a goal on the same play.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Love that guy, doesn't back down from everyone, not always effective physically but still tries, and good 2-way game.

When you think about it, we got that guy for a 7th and Jack Nevins... yeah hahaha
He is off to a great start, and anothe rexample of a player who when getting the right matchups, seems to play very well. Let's hope he keeps it up, the 4th line is playing lights out!!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I know his team did him a favor but I still can't believe an NHL team wanted to trade for Nevins. Then again I was surprised we signed him as an undrafted FA. Nice trade for management though.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Mitchell also had a goal from a puck that hit his head last year I believe.

You can't say he doesn't sacrifice himself for his team

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Mitchell...leadership/heart/grit/hustle/guts/underrated hockey skills...Pacioretty should watch how Mitchell plays (all-effort, all-heart, all CHaracter...too bad Pacioretty is a Tin Man in playoffs...would prefer to have a Simmonds vs Pacioretty, as one TRADE example, but would prefer a leftie version of Simmonds). We still need more Kirk Muller/Doug Gilmour for our top 6 (playoffs) and less Pacioretty/5'5 DD...I hope I'm wrong!

Captains/leaders (especially for playoffs):
4th line: Mitchell (playoff warrior)
3rd line: Shaw (playoff warrior/winner)
2nd line: Gallagher ; Lehkonen? (hoping Lehks is a playoff performer for us)
1st line: Radulov (has solid playoff pts' history...hoping he can also produce in playoffs for us) ; Galchenyuk? (hoping he can bring it for us in playoffs).

Honorable Mention (good playoff potential):
Carr (grit/heart), McCarron (2017 or 2018 playoffs?), Hudon (heart/skills)

Dmen leaders (for playoffs):
<Weber (he better be damn good in playoffs 'cause PK Subban was the ultimate playoff dman for us;)...I can't ever forget our best playoff performers since I want to see CUP #25)
<Petry
<Beaulieu (grit/heart potential for playoffs...but needs to minimize defensive zone mistakes, hesitations)
<Pateryn (grit/heart potential for playoffs...he just needs confidence and more consistency/trust with ice-time to gain this confidence)

Mitchell also had a goal from a puck that hit his head last year I believe.
You can't say he doesn't sacrifice himself for his team

You said it. And, he's a proud Montrealer/Hab...I just hope he saves some or a lot of ''it'' (heart/energy/hustle/grit) for the playoffs. Same goes for Shaw, Gallagher, Weber, and all the other playoff warriors we have (not many). I just don't want them to be banged up before the REAL SEASON. Too early to worry about this? No! (I really want to see CUP #25...been waiting since 1993!).

I wish somehow Kirk ''is work'' Muller and Mitchell would be able to give some of their heart/guts to Tin-Man-Pacioretty/Casperetty (playoff TIN MAN).

Last edited:

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Mitchell is playing his best hockey in his career right now. He gets pucks to the face, knees to the face and he's still playing with a black eye. He's truly a warrior. I could see some Mathieu Darche passion in him.

I still can't believe we got him in exchange of Jack Nevins and a seventh round draft pick in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft. What a steal seriously.

Also, Torrey has 3 goals in 4 shots. 75% shooting accuracy =P.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Quite literally a carbon copy of last season's start, where he had 5 goals in his first 11 games.

Ended the year with 11 goals in 71 games, which isn't bad mind you, but people should probably learn a bit from past experiences.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
How come Buffalo let go Mitchell for a bag of pucks? He's so solid on both sides of the rink. We asked some players to step up since ou C lines got decimated and here is Mitchell pilling up goals in every way possible. + positive face off %.

1.2m/year ? WoW

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
And some laughed at his signing. Add Byron to the list as well.

great contract, and local boy. Must be an honor to be playing for the Habs.

He had 11 goals last year. I said it wouldn't be impossible for him to score 15 and replace Ellers production. He is nearly half way there.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
How come Buffalo let go Mitchell for a bag of pucks? He's so solid on both sides of the rink. We asked some players to step up since ou C lines got decimated and here is Mitchell pilling up goals in every way possible. + positive face off %.

1.2m/year ? WoW
They were in major tank mode that year. In fact, Mitchell and Flynn were a couple of the only players that were actually playing well for them at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad