News Article: Toronto's Official NHL Yearbook 13-14 predicts Ottawa to finish 9th in East

SensNo1

Sens#1
Oct 11, 2006
Toronto
Clearly they don't see us as cup contenders.... :laugh:

Somewhat ironically, the first paragraph of the article talks about how surprising we've been lately, and how we've done better than expectations.

For the sake of comparison, they predict a 4th place finish for the Leafs.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Its toronto's official yearbook, what do you expect? I have the hockey news yearbook magazine and they predict us to be 3rd in the atlantic division. In fact, i have seen other articles as well that predicted us to be 3rd in the atlantic division. In fact, a lot of people think we are going to be in a playoff spot come next year. The sportscaster even predicted that we will win the stanley cup next season. So who you are really going to listen too? A prediction that comes from TORONTO, or other less biased predictions?

P.S. You can tell the article is heavily biased being that they predicted that the leafs are going to be 4 in the division. So i would rather use that article to wipe my ass then listen to whatever it had to say.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
As i said before, i really wouldn't put much weight into this being that it is coming from toronto. Of course they are going to place the sens 9th in the east.

The Fuhr*

I don't see what's wrong with that... I have the Sens fighting for a 7-8 seed... Finishing 7-10

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't see what's wrong with that... I have the Sens fighting for a 7-8 seed... Finishing 7-10

The fact that they have the leafs at 4 shows how heavily biased it is. The leafs made the playoffs in a shortened season and they are already predicting them to be fourth in the east in a full season.

The sens will be fighting for the 5-8 spot in the east. They will be fighting for the 3rd spot in the atlantic division just like montreal and toronto.

The Fuhr*

The fact that they have the leafs at 4 shows how heavily biased it is.

Leafs have a pretty good team... Finished 5th this past season

I think they will be in the 7-10 range too... Not going to lose any sleep because they have them 3 spots higher then I have them

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I think they will be in the 7-10 range too... Not going to lose any sleep because they have them 3 spots higher then I have them

The leafs have a good team, but not a good enough team to make 4th place in the east yet. They were 5th in a half season. They need to prove to me that they won't have a mid season collapse before i start penciling them in for 4th place.

The Fuhr*

The leafs have a good team, but not a good enough team to make 4th place in the east yet. They were 5th in a half season. They need to prove to me that they won't have a mid season collapse before i start penciling them in for 4th place.

That's fine but I don't think it's something to complain over like the op is.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Leafs were the luckiest team in the league statistically. Kadri for example had a non-sustainable shooting percentage. I cant remember all the facts related to them pushing their luck this season but imo theyre a safe bet to miss the playoffs unless lupul stay healthy or clarkson scores thrity.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Clearly they don't see us as cup contenders.... :laugh:

Somewhat ironically, the first paragraph of the article talks about how surprising we've been lately, and how we've done better than expectations.

For the sake of comparison, they predict a 4th place finish for the Leafs.

This means we have official underdog status again.

The Fuhr*

Leafs were the luckiest team in the league statistically. Kadri for example had a non-sustainable shooting percentage. I cant remember all the facts related to them pushing their luck this season but imo theyre a safe bet to miss the playoffs unless lupul stay healthy or clarkson scores thrity.

And we had Anderson/Lehner playing like prime Hasek/Roy

Have to expect the sv% drop 15-20 points

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Toronto yearbook predicts Toronto to place better than Ottawa. Gotta tell ya, I'm having a hard time caring.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That's fine but I don't think it's something to complain over like the op is.

I am not complaining. I am just telling you i am not going to put any faith in a article that comes from toronto.

This means we have official underdog status again.

No it doesn't give us underdog status again. One prediction won't give us underdog status, especially when many other predictions have us in the 3rd spot in the atlantic division.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
And we had Anderson/Lehner playing like prime Hasek/Roy

Have to expect the sv% drop 15-20 points
We were also considered a very unlucky team statically and in terms of players lost to injury. Our goalies dont have to be good for us to win. Thats never been ottawa senator hockey:sarcasm:

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I am not complaining. I am just telling you i am not going to put any faith in a article that comes from toronto.

No it doesn't give us underdog status again. One prediction won't give us underdog status, especially when many other predictions have us in the 3rd spot in the atlantic division.

let me fix my last post...:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad