Toronto vs Ottawa

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
It's been awhile since we have seen the Laffs and Sens punch it out in the playoffs or even have meaningful games int eh regular season. Part of me enjoys watching the Laffs toil in futility and wishes them nothing but despair and infinite futility but deep within is another part of me that misses the raw emotions of a meaningful head to head confrontation against our bitter foes.

I almost feel as though I have enjoyed watching them suffer enough and now want to see them suffer at a new lvl, at the hands of the Sens in a meaningful game or playoff series. I miss the days of the battle of Ontario and want to see it renewed; do you?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's been awhile since we have seen the Laffs and Sens punch it out in the playoffs or even have meaningful games int eh regular season. Part of me enjoys watching the Laffs toil in futility and wishes them nothing but despair and infinite futility but deep within is another part of me that misses the raw emotions of a meaningful head to head confrontation against our bitter foes.

I almost feel as though I have enjoyed watching them suffer enough and now want to see them suffer at a new lvl, at the hands of the Sens in a meaningful game or playoff series. I miss the days of the battle of Ontario and want to see it renewed; do you?

Of course we do. I don't think we will be seeing any first round match-ups anytime soon, as the Sens and leafs will likely come in the 5-8 spots if they make the playoffs. A second round match-up would be a treat to watch though.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
No, I want them to continuously crash and burn. Them randomly making the playoffs and having us put them out would only be a consolation prize. I want 100 years of failure.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Miss the playoffs for a few more years (hopefully at the hand of the Sens at the end of each year) till they finally realize Burke is no savoir and fire him. Then squeek into the playoffs only to be swept by the Sens ;)

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
You know once they make the playoffs we as fans will never hear the end of it.

This. They will gloat and celebrate to no end, like they are the Yankees of the NHL, even though over half the league makes the playoffs every year. And heaven help us if one year they make the playoffs and we don't (even though there have been many years now where the reverse is true). As for me, I want them to make the playoffs, one to get a lower pick, and two, to run into us so we can take them out and end the one and only thing they can cling to, i.e. their past playoff series against us. Its such a broken record, I hear it in my sleep.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I would rather they make the playoffs so we can shut them down. I'm a huge fan of reveling in their futility, but I miss the rivalry. I miss the days when it mattered. I miss hating a guy as much as I hated (and still hate) Darcy ****ing Tucker.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I would rather they make the playoffs so we can shut them down. I'm a huge fan of reveling in their futility, but I miss the rivalry. I miss the days when it mattered. I miss hating a guy as much as I hated (and still hate) Darcy ****ing Tucker.

What if they shut us down? That would be the end of the world on HFBoards :laugh:

I don't know how we'll match up with them if say in a year or two we meet in the post-season. They have a very quick team

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What if they shut us down? That would be the end of the world on HFBoards :laugh:

I don't know how we'll match up with them if say in a year or two we meet in the post-season. They have a very quick team

That's always a concern in the playoffs - doesn't matter who you're playing. They have a quick team, but so do we. I'd hope we have a bit more depth. One way or another, I'd rather re-ignite a rivalry with a team that hasn't been relevant in a while, than play a nobody team like the Panthers.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
This. They will gloat and celebrate to no end, like they are the Yankees of the NHL, even though over half the league makes the playoffs every year. And heaven help us if one year they make the playoffs and we don't (even though there have been many years now where the reverse is true). As for me, I want them to make the playoffs, one to get a lower pick, and two, to run into us so we can take them out and end the one and only thing they can cling to, i.e. their past playoff series against us. Its such a broken record, I hear it in my sleep.

They are the center of the universe for a reason :sarcasm:

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I would like to see them set the record for most consecutive years of not making the playoffs.

that's just four more seasons. i'm sure everyone here can wait that long. if everything goes smoothly, we're projected to be a good team by then. after breaking the record fore longest playoff drought, they can be swept by us in the first round.

Germz

4th liners ftw
Aug 14, 2008
Toronto, ON
I prefer the Buffalo rivalry for two reasons:

1) We have beaten them at least once out of the four times we played them
2) Our crowd is actually a home crowd.

I love Senators playoff atmosphere when the crowd really rallies around the team. Some road fans are inevitable, and that's fine. But we have been trying to grow an expansion franchise into a brand for 20 years, and IMO the organization and fanbase gained much more from the playoff years in which we didn't have to play Toronto.

That said, I don't really want the Leafs to miss the playoffs perpetually. If we match up against them again, fine, but I'm not going to hope for it. It would be nice to finally beat Toronto when it counts, but frankly I don't much care who we play in the playoffs as long as we beat them.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
To be fair, the crowd is very pro-Ottawa during the playoffs.

It's something that is often forgotten around here, and particularly in Toronto.

The tickets go on sale before the opponent is finalized.

Some people sell their tickets to Leaf fans, but many more don't.

I've been to a number of home playoff games against Toronto and the crowd is nothing like the regular season experience.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Unfortunately it's over: the Leafs rivlary as it was in the early 2000's is done, the LEafs absolutely owned us.

I really want the Sens to beat the Leafs in the playoffs though

Germz

4th liners ftw
Aug 14, 2008
Toronto, ON
To be fair, the crowd is very pro-Ottawa during the playoffs.

It's something that is often forgotten around here, and particularly in Toronto.

The tickets go on sale before the opponent is finalized.

Some people sell their tickets to Leaf fans, but many more don't.

I've been to a number of home playoff games against Toronto and the crowd is nothing like the regular season experience.

Fair enough. In that case you can scratch that reason off the list.

But it still makes little difference to me who we play. I had no opinions about the Rangers before last season and I still got very emotionally involved over the course of that series.

The Leaf team I wanted to beat a decade ago is dead and gone now, and we never got our revenge against them. But we made the SCF while they missed the playoffs, so ha.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Ideal scenarios:
Ottawa v Toronto, game 82 of the regular season. A win for Toronto puts them into the playoffs. A loss for Toronto (OT or reg) eliminates them. Ottawa scores in the final seconds to win the game.

Ottawa v Toronto, best of 7 series in the first round of the playoffs. Leafs make it to the playoffs for the first time since the 04/05 lockout and get swept by Ottawa. Plenty of brawls in Game 3 and 4 as Toronto scrambles to find any momentum.

I think the second of these options would be better, mostly because Leaf fans would have to shut up about the playoff record between our clubs.

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
Crazy even poll results. I am sure that the animosity of a meeting in the playoffs would get the blood flowing and new arch enemies would be made. Tucker would soon be replaced with anti Phaneuf chants.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Crazy even poll results. I am sure that the animosity of a meeting in the playoffs would get the blood flowing and new arch enemies would be made. Tucker would soon be replaced with anti Phaneuf chants.

Suck it Phaneuf!/Overrated! :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad