Toronto vs Ottawa

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fair enough. In that case you can scratch that reason off the list.

Well, probably more Leaf fans than Rangers fans.

But Sens fans are the overwhelming majority. I think a lot of people have forgotten that.

I remember when Fisher scored in 2OT back in Game 6, that was up there with Turris and Spezza's goal against the Devils in 2003 as the loudest I've heard SBP.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
The road to the Cup goes through Hogtown.

Back in 2007 I knew that if we had won the Cup, Leaf fans would just say "Yeah, buuuut..." and bury their heads in the sand.

I'd rather get the monkey off our backs.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Back in 2007 I knew that if we had won the Cup, Leaf fans would just say "Yeah, buuuut..." and bury their heads in the sand.

I'd rather get the monkey off our backs.

I have a feeling that if we were ever to beat Toronto, we'd lose the next series anyway because no one would care.

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country

If the Sens ever win the Cup, it won't matter what road is taken and which city it goes through. The Sens will have won the damned Cup!

Do you think anybody puts an asterisk next to Carolina's win, because they beat up on an exhausted Edmonton Oilers squad starting their third string goalie?

Of course they don't. Carolina won the f'ing Cup!

TooLow494

Mar 29, 2010
I hate Burke,

Once he is gone they can play us in the playoffs. Then they have my permission to lose to us.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
If the Sens ever win the Cup, it won't matter what road is taken and which city it goes through. The Sens will have won the damned Cup!

Do you think anybody puts an asterisk next to Carolina's win, because they beat up on an exhausted Edmonton Oilers squad starting their third string goalie?

Of course they don't. Carolina won the f'ing Cup!

But since we're playing hypothecticals, I would rather beat the Leafs en route to winning the Cup.

Feel better now?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont miss it, because thanks to HF, whoever we face in the playoffs, their respective fanbase always manages to show up and piss me off...
its somehow fun. cuz obviously many sens fans here do it aswell.

as much i would love to beat the leafs in the post-season. winning the cup with them missing the playoffs, would be a beautiful way to insult them aswel.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I would prefer to see the Sens play the Leafs in the playoffs because I think it's a necessary obstacle to overcome in order to win the cup. Winning the cup would be great, but I really would like to avoid the soon-following "yeah but only because you didn't face Toronto."

Milan the God*

I'd rather not meet in the playoffs yet. Both teams are building up their teams still. When the Sens and Leafs both peak, I'd love another playoff series.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Well, probably more Leaf fans than Rangers fans.

But Sens fans are the overwhelming majority. I think a lot of people have forgotten that.

I remember when Fisher scored in 2OT back in Game 6, that was up there with Turris and Spezza's goal against the Devils in 2003 as the loudest I've heard SBP.

Jump to about 2:20

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Ideal scenarios:
Ottawa v Toronto, game 82 of the regular season. A win for Toronto puts them into the playoffs. A loss for Toronto (OT or reg) eliminates them. Ottawa scores in the final seconds to win the game.

I prefer this option, personally. I do propose the following modifications, however:

- Cowen goes head to head with Kadri, with Cowen stripping him of the puck every single time he crosses the blueline.
- At least one goal is scored by Karlsson after he dipsy-doodles through the whole Leafs team.
- The final (winning) goal is scored by Phil Kessel into his own net off a rebound from an Alfie shot that comes after he streaks into the zone with Tyler Bozak on his back.
- Burke is caught on live TV crying his heart out as the buzzer goes.
- Leaf fans riot Van-city style and burn the ACC to the ground.
- The team moves to Hamilton and proceeds to miss the playoffs for the rest of eternity.

I feel this would be acceptable. :)

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I prefer this option, personally. I do propose the following modifications, however:

- Cowen goes head to head with Kadri, with Cowen stripping him of the puck every single time he crosses the blueline.
- At least one goal is scored by Karlsson after he dipsy-doodles through the whole Leafs team.
- The final (winning) goal is scored by Phil Kessel into his own net off a rebound from an Alfie shot that comes after he streaks into the zone with Tyler Bozak on his back.
- Burke is caught on live TV crying his heart out as the buzzer goes.
- Leaf fans riot Van-city style and burn the ACC to the ground.
- The team moves to Hamilton and proceeds to miss the playoffs for the rest of eternity.

I feel this would be acceptable. :)

I think you're being a little unrealistic.

I mean, Kadri in the NHL? Come on. ;)

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
At what point do we feel bad for leaf fans?

tumblr_mbnlpbdZHb1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I would prefer to see the Sens play the Leafs in the playoffs because I think it's a necessary obstacle to overcome in order to win the cup. Winning the cup would be great, but I really would like to avoid the soon-following "yeah but only because you didn't face Toronto."

:laugh: I doubt anyone would be saying that in the foreseeable future.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This is such a close call.. Ultimately the running joke that is the Leafs organization and their lack of playoff action takes it.

But it would be sweet to beat them in the playoffs, that is the only thing that my Leaf friends cling to now a days..

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
This is such a close call.. Ultimately the running joke that is the Leafs organization and their lack of playoff action takes it.

But it would be sweet to beat them in the playoffs, that is the only thing that my Leaf friends cling to now a days..

Agreed, the only thing about beating them in the playoffs is they have a chance to beat us.

I'd prefer watching them miss the playoffs year after year instead of them having any chance to knock us out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad