Pre-Game Talk: Toronto vs Edmonton | Wed. 7pm RSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
McDavid drew 0/7 penalties last night, and was charged with 1/5 penalties the Oilers took.

2019-20 powerplay opportunities (rank by team)
20th. Edmonton Oilers (200 total PP, 2.82/game)
23rd. Toronto Maple Leafs (195 total PP, 2.79/game)

I am not giving an opinion, just posting the stats.
Now post the 2 years before last season as well for ref lmfao.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
McDavid and LD could score 3 points with horrid individual defence in a 10-3 Leafs win and Oiler fans would create multiple threads about how McDavid/LD deserve the Hart/Art Ross

Their team has been bad for so long they no longer care about the points their team has, but rather their individual players.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
McDavid and LD could score 3 points with horrid individual defence in a 10-3 Leafs win and Oiler fans would create multiple threads about how McDavid/LD deserve the Hart/Art Ross

Their team has been bad for so long they no longer care about the points their team has, but rather their individual players.
Kind of sounds familiar.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
And hopefully it never catches on the NBA is toxic bunch of primma donnas jumping teams every year...yeah no thanks
One league is a cash cow, the other is the NHL. There's a reason the MLS is far closer to surpassing the NHL than the NHL surpassing any of the MLB, NFL or NBA.

Regardless of what you think, people like watching stars go at each other on these "super teams" and the viewership/revenue reflects that. You seriously think the NHL wouldn't be much more profitable if their stars decided to team up on LA, NY or Toronto?. Imagine how much revenue a Rangers-Leafs ECF would generate followed by whichever team advancing facing LA.

What do you think Canada + US would rather see, the Bolts vs Stars (LOL) or the Rangers/Leafs vs Kings?

If Matthews ever leaves the Leafs I honestly don't think the Coyotes are the threat, it's LA.

The NHL imo will eventually get there, you're already starting to see younger players deviate from prior history with regards to contracts.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Edmonton took 5 penalties last game, so if we include the Leaf Factor we should expect them to take 0-1 in this one.
I'm predicting we outshoot them 50-25 and they get 5 power plays and we get 2. Scratch that, we get 1. The other 1 will be off-setting for sticking up for the goalie. We're the only team in the league who's not allowed to do so. Yes, I'm still bitching about that.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
One league is a cash cow, the other is the NHL. There's a reason the MLS is far closer to surpassing the NHL than the NHL surpassing any of the MLB, NFL or NBA.

Regardless of what you think, people like watching stars go at each other on these "super teams" and the viewership/revenue reflects that. You seriously think the NHL wouldn't be much more profitable if their stars decided to team up on LA, NY or Toronto?. Imagine how much revenue a Rangers-Leafs ECF would generate followed by whichever team advancing facing LA.

What do you think Canada + US would rather see, the Bolts vs Stars (LOL) or the Rangers/Leafs vs Kings?

If Matthews ever leaves the Leafs I honestly don't think the Coyotes are the threat, it's LA.

The NHL imo will eventually get there, you're already starting to see younger players deviate from prior history with regards to contracts.
Hopefully Matthews goes to Vegas

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
McDavid will have something special for Toronto even if it’s an empty rink. They need to be on their toes defensively and hopefully Matthews and Marner out gun them too. Attack them wherever Tyson Barrie happens to be.
Exactly, we saw how Barrie played “defence” last year. Throw it in his corner every chance you get and on the rush just go right around him on the rush as his backward mobility is shameful for an NHL defender who’s referred to as a good skater.

Mcdavid will get his so just try to stay outta the box so you don’t just gift-wrap him points

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
and heres hoping McDave doesnt make Reilly look like a pylon like the last game they won.

Does anyone else not think that McDavid goal was one of the most overrated ever? Yes, great goal. But people had it as the best goal of last year, and it's clearly not that.

McDavid is faster than Rielly. It was a 1v1. He faked Rielly out and burnt him to the outside, and had a nice finish. I swear he has like 4 of those a year. Rielly was also hurt, so it's not like he was walking past prime Lidstrom there. Again great goal, I just don't see how it's better than the lacrosse goals, for example.

For me, the measure of a great goal should be repeatability. McDavid can easily do that again.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Does anyone else not think that McDavid goal was one of the most overrated ever? Yes, great goal. But people had it as the best goal of last year, and it's clearly not that.

McDavid is faster than Rielly. It was a 1v1. He faked Rielly out and burnt him to the outside, and had a nice finish. I swear he has like 4 of those a year. Rielly was also hurt, so it's not like he was walking past prime Lidstrom there. Again great goal, I just don't see how it's better than the lacrosse goals, for example.

For me, the measure of a great goal should be repeatability. McDavid can easily do that again.
The finish was nicer then the blow by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad