Pre-Game Talk: Toronto vs Chicago|Saturday @ 7 - CBC|Just Don't Look Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Why not break up JVR and Kessel? Just TRY something. Maybe they can get some other guys going. We're not winning as it is, why not try something different.

Raymond-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Smith-Lupul

Just SOMETHING jeez.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why not break up JVR and Kessel? Just TRY something. Maybe they can get some other guys going. We're not winning as it is, why not try something different.

Raymond-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Smith-Lupul

Just SOMETHING jeez.

Raymond shouldn't play at all, let alone the top line.

Myself, I think JVR & Kessel have been good. Maybe switch Smith and Kadri to help out Lupul?

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 4m
Looks like only a few #Leafs will skate today. Carter Ashton and Jerry D'Amigo on the ice.
The rest are in therapy (I added that part)

McLaren, Phaneuf and Liles have joined the other two on the ice.

Last edited:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Looks like only a few #Leafs will skate today. Carter Ashton and Jerry D'Amigo on the ice.
The rest are in therapy (I added that part)

McLaren, Phaneuf and Liles have joined the other two on the ice.

They're all in timeout thinking about how badly they've played.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
blackhawks is one of my favourite teams because they're so consistent. Their core players just bring it every night.

I hope we get shelled.

something is definitely wrong in the dressing room.

Leafs? half-ass effort every night. Only the LA game showed a 60minute effort which was followed by a non-show. Their attention to details is just BS. You can also tell that some players don't trust each other. you can tell they avoid passing the puck to mark fraser. Lol.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
I'll go out on a limb and predict a bounce back game. We'll put up the same effort we did vs. the Kings. But this time Dion will be back and whether people like him or not we are a better team with him in the lineup! After we win this game leafs nation will do a complete 180 and praise the team for their resilience!

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Dave McCarthy ‏@DaveAMcCarthy 3m
Phaneuf, Ashton, D'Amigo, Liles, McLaren, Reimer took ice for about 1/2 hour. No more on ice activity. Randy Carlyle will not speak

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I'll go out on a limb and predict a bounce back game. We'll put up the same effort we did vs. the Kings. But this time Dion will be back and whether people like him or not we are a better team with him in the lineup! After we win this game leafs nation will do a complete 180 and praise the team for their resilience!

Same effort vs Kings which resulted in a loss will still result in a loss against the better Chicago Blackhawks. This team needs to give everything they have to win these types of games and they've lost two of them already.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Same effort vs Kings which resulted in a loss will still result in a loss against the better Chicago Blackhawks. This team needs to give everything they have to win these types of games and they've lost two of them already.

Agreed, IF The Hawks get the same goaltending as the Kings did.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
Looking forward to playing you guys Saturday; nothing beats being on HNIC. Raanta is our only goalie. He has given up 2 goals in every game he has started. There's your formula.

Kyle Doobas*

Looking forward to playing you guys Saturday; nothing beats being on HNIC. Raanta is our only goalie. He has given up 2 goals in every game he has started. There's your formula.
You think we can hold a 2-0 lead? :laugh:

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Only way this team will win against the Hawks is if we take advantage of their horrible PK.

Only problem with that, Hawks are incredibly disciplined.

Penalty Kill Icing*

At least we didn't give up a PP goal last game. Hopefully they build off it.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Tommorow is a win-win situation.

If we bounce back and somehow win or make it a close game, it will be a huge stepping stone. If we get shelled, I expect Nonis/Carlyle to take some drastic action.

Win or lose, we still hold a playoff spot. Isn't that incredible? 2 regulation wins in the last 19 games and we still in playoffs spot.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Only way this team will win against the Hawks is if we take advantage of their horrible PK.

Only problem with that, Hawks are incredibly disciplined.

I think it's their puck possession more than being disciplined.

Since they usually carry the puck far more often than the other team, they are rarely in a position to take dumb penalties.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I think if our defence plays good and we go to the net a lot we have a decent chance to win.

lol j/k :laugh:

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013

One thing we have going for us is the Hawks don't have god himself playing goalie like the Kings did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad