Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
2991019_o.gif

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It would be nice to get a win one of these days

All I know is that it's time to start putting players in the positions they were drafted for.
You can't properly address team needs by sheltering players or unwarranted salary inflations by giving them one job only.
If Kadri is your no. 1 C of the future, play him there in all 1 C situations.
If he busts, then you need an upgrade.
If Rielly is the future on D, play him over Fraser and Ranger who are not,
Pick a goalie and let him run with it to find a groove.
If Franson wants 4 million then he will have to step up as a legit top 4.
Put the players you are keeping in the spots to build around. If Holland is an offensive center then he needs scoring wingers and so on.
Injuries have kind of forced this and some are responding and some are not.
Good time to address the needs.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
JVR Holland Kessel
Lupul Kadri Kulemin
Raymond McClement Clarkson
D'Amigo Smith Ashton

Gardiner Phaneuf
Gunnar Franson
Rielly Liles

Mar 14, 2011
We'll get blown out and still have a healthy 2-3 point lead on the Jackets/Flyers/Rags/Sens for the 8th playoff spot by the end of the week.:laugh:
Watching the Leaf's hold on to that spot despite a long and awful funk is pretty entertaining to say the least.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1h
Leafs have now won just twice in regulation in their last 19 games.

That's bad

With his team sliding, Carlyle admitted that, big picture, things are not looking good.

"Our concern is very high," he said.

I can't believe that statistic.

My god, 19 games?

It's amazing we are hanging onto a playoff spot. I can't believe the playoffs are even in question.

BayStreetBullies*

No matter how bad things get, it's comforting to know the Leafs are in the Eastern Conference.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This is brutal. I don’t even care if we get pounded saturday, I just want to see signs of life

Ditto.

I don't mind losing if the level of effort is there. Like against the Kings... that's the type of loss I can live with because we actually played with a sense of urgency.

The very next day against the Blues? We look worst than the Edmonton Oilers... sigh.

Last edited:

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
I honestly do not even want to attempt to watch this one. It's going to be ugly.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I'm goin to this one

Probably just gonna drink a lot and cry to myself about ticket prices and hope the night ends quickly

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
At this point, I'm not even expecting anything from the leafs. If they do good, I'll be happy. If not, well wouldn't be the first time. I'm just sick and tired of this.

At the end of the day, as just a hockey fan, hawks vs leafs HNIC, it should be good.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
20-0 blowout would be nice.

I don't know what else to expect anymore, honestly.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Kessel gets injured.

Dion gets suspended 5 games as he slams Keith's head in the boards. Becomes instant hero in Vancouver of all places.

Leafs lose 6-0.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am going to guess that Chicago beats us by 5 goals.

7-2 Hawks. It's about as optimistic as it gets.

I can't watch this. I am going to enjoy my day off. I'll check the scores at 11 or midnight and be pleasantly surprised or just feel a little sad (blowout is expected so can't really be mad).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad