Toronto vs Calgary 7 game series.

Who would win in a 7 game series with current rosters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
2 of the 3 best Canadian teams right now. Who do you think would win in a 7 game series. I think its very interesting but it will all come down to goaltending. Rittich has been very good for the Flames and if he keeps it up i think Flames could win but obviously Freddy is a world class goalie and vezina candidate. If he can steal games like he has done during the season than Leafs could take it. I feel like Flames defense is good enough to limit the Leafs offense but the Leafs poor defense might have trouble against the Flames top line. However Leafs have better goaltending that can potentially steal games. Thoughts? Please keep it civil Flames and Leafs fans.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Toronto is no match for tkachuk....he would make marner, nylander and matthews beg to be takin out of lineup

Capt Canada

Jan 6, 2019
Canada
Tricky, but I give a slight edge to Toronto due to passionate butthurt from past defeats against Boston. They would be extremely fired up for this series, and as we all know, forest firefighters often use more fire to combat Flames. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
I think Toronto would win pretty easy.

Flames are a decent team but don't really have anything elite.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Toronto the 2 key areas to a team are center and goaltending, and Toronto is better in both areas

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

I mean they have Gaudreau. Who i personally think is the best player out of both teams and Giordano the best dman.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

True. Having 4 players in the top 17 in NHL points as well as the current best D-man in the NHL isn't elite at all

Lmao

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I just don't think Calgary can really match up to the Leafs scoring depth. Giordano and Rielly is a wash although slight edge to Giordano right now. How is Calgary matching up against Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander followed by Tavares and Marner? Their offence is clicking yeah, but 50 percent of the game will be spent trying to stop them, whereas, at home, Kadri can be matched to shadow Gaudreau all game. Would be interesting to watch said series, but I do think Toronto takes it.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
I just don't think Calgary can really match up to the Leafs scoring depth. Giordano and Rielly is a wash although slight edge to Giordano right now. How is Calgary matching up against Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander followed by Tavares and Marner? Their offence is clicking yeah, but 50 percent of the game will be spent trying to stop them, whereas, at home, Kadri can be matched to shadow Gaudreau all game. Would be interesting to watch said series, but I do think Toronto takes it.
That would be quite the mismatch

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
U dont think Backlund could shadow the Tavares line either and shut them down either by the same logic? Leafs depth is overrated all we have to do is shutdown Marners line since Nylander and Matthews usually disappear in tight games.

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
That Gaudreau guy seems pretty elite. Marner could learn a thing or two from him still.

But Marner is better than Gaudreau...

Matthews Marner Andersen and Rielly are all better than monhan gaud riittch and Giordano.

Then I didn't even include Tavares (top 10 c) Nylander and Kadri

Just not enough eliteness on the flames. Sorry :(

Reactions: olli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad