Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1 - PGDT (NOT for other series' discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Just a reminder. It's advantage Leafs right now. The goal was to steal a game at TD Garden and that's exactly what we did. Last year we were down 2-0. Now we head back home with the series at 1-1 and 3 of the next 4 games being at Scotiabank Arena.
Yesterdays game was quiet even, the score definitely does not tell the whole story.
Even with Kadri out I'm confident that this team will take the next 2 games at home and go up 3-1 in the series.
I fully expect Matthews to step up, especially with Kadri out now.
Hope you're right. :thumbu:

Reactions: lovemyleafs

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
We knew this was coming and the Leafs were not prepared.

As for the reffing… there is no anti Leaf bias.
Not an anti-Leafs bias, just two guys who lost control of the game and their own emotions. Can't have that as a referee, especially when it played such a big role in the game.

Funny you say they weren't prepared about the physical play, looks like they expected obvious calls to be made. Similar to every other team.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not an anti-Leafs bias, just two guys who lost control of the game and their own emotions. Can't have that as a referee, especially when it played such a big role in the game.

Funny you say they weren't prepared about the physical play, looks like they expected obvious calls to be made. Similar to every other team.
Let's just hope the Leafs are more physical, without being stupid, in Game 3, because if they get beat up on Monday, I'm not sure they will come back.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Still don't know how Matthews-Nylander is not a thing.

People keep pointing out how they did nothing last year.

Those people must think Matthews and Nylander are both Crosby. What did you expect to happen when the best line in the league (Berg) goes up against two 21 year olds. In what world does the two 21 year olds win that battle.

Things are different this year. Bergeron has to worry about Marner and Tavares. Tired of watching AJ and Kap make low IQ moves with Matthews on the ice.

Reactions: saffronleaf

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Those people must think Matthews and Nylander are both Crosby. What did you expect to happen when the best line in the league (Berg) goes up against two 21 year olds. In what world does the two 21 year olds win that battle.

Things are different this year. Bergeron has to worry about Marner and Tavares. Tired of watching AJ and Kap make low IQ moves with Matthews on the ice.
As I have said many times, I'm all for moving Nylander to the 2nd line and turning Lines 3 and 4 to pure grit.

Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
As I have said many times, I'm all for moving Nylander to the 2nd line and turning Lines 3 and 4 to pure grit.

Yeah. I'm not okay with AJ and Kap in the top 6 however I think they are fully capable of handling being the captains for the bottom 6. They'll have an easier time against Boston bottom 6 compared to going up against Boston's plans for Matthews.

Babcock needs to remember this isn't Buffalo or Edmonton we're facing. Kap and AJ are developing beautifully but that doesn't mean they're ready for prime time against Boston.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Yeah. I'm not okay with AJ and Kap in the top 6 however I think they are fully capable of handling being the captains for the bottom 6. They'll have an easier time against Boston bottom 6 compared to going up against Boston's plans for Matthews.

Babcock needs to remember this isn't Buffalo or Edmonton we're facing. Kap and AJ are developing beautifully but that doesn't mean they're ready for prime time against Boston.
I was thinking of removing some of the bottom six and bringing up some Grit from the Marlies if we get beat up in Game 3.

Reactions: Havoc

Ice Fight

Nov 4, 2015
Exactly what I was afraid of happening happened... this series is definitely going 7...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Officials for Game 3 announced

upload_2019-4-14_18-8-46-png.214453

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
We have to stick to our game. Cassidy made the mistake in game 1 thinking they could counter our skating with their skating, he's not going to do that again.

Their physicality threw us off our game. We cant get phased by it. We did last night.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Listening to Babs prior to Game 1, it sounded like Kap and Nylander would move around, and I assumed that meant he would reunite Willie and Matthews at home where he can control matchups. I suspect that plan has now changed with Kadri out, Willie and Auston won't be together anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc and Buds17

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Listening to Babs prior to Game 1, it sounded like Kap and Nylander would move around, and I assumed that meant he would reunite Willie and Matthews at home where he can control matchups. I suspect that plan has now changed with Kadri our, Willie and Auston won't be together anytime soon.
I would imagine Moore...Goat...Ennis will be our 4th line. So that’s not bad either.

I have my doubts that Babcock will play Nylander at center in a playoff game but we will see. Marleau may very well assume that spot.
Brown...Marleau...Nylander

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I would imagine Moore...Goat...Ennis will be our 4th line. So that’s not bad either.

I have my doubts that Babcock will play Nylander at center in a playoff game but we will see. Marleau may very well assume that spot.

Lol, that willy line is garbage. We only have 1 line. Unless Matthews steps up and pops a few goals

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Willie can take draws even if he's on the wing. Agreed it could be Marleau.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Series is tied at 1.
Let’s see how we respond now.
Let’s see how those who will be taking up 40 million of the cap respond.
Let’s see how the depth respond because it might be less next year. Depth will have to go or change.

Financial crunch begins next season.
The guys you commit big dollars too need to show push back.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's all about the response. This totally feels like when the Jordan's bulls were up against the bad boys of Detroit pistons. Once the bulls finally got past them it was clear sailing for years.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Anyone upset with the series being 1-1, try being a TB fan who might be down 3-0 tonight :laugh: .. it can always be worse. GO LEAFS GO

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Tied series and we have home ice advantage.

Their defense is depleted. They lost more from the massacre yesterday.

The ball is in our court. We winning this series.

Horrid officiciating aside, I am happy this team is in a heated series. Let these guys learn what it takes.

Let's f***ing Go leafs.

Reactions: Dragao6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad