Proposal: Toronto- Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Just heard on the radio out here the Leafs have a lot of interest in Markstrom. I’m wonder if a trade where the Canucks help the Leafs by taking Andy, and the Leafs get the rights to Marky is a good deal fir both teams?

Not unless TOR is taking another contract back

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Just heard on the radio out here the Leafs have a lot of interest in Markstrom. I’m wonder if a trade where the Canucks help the Leafs by taking Andy, and the Leafs get the rights to Marky is a good deal fir both teams?
Eriksson at 50% -- ie, $1.25M real salary per season -- probably wouldn't require Demko or a 1st to dump.

EDIT: responded to the wrong post

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Both teams strapped for cap. There is just not any great fit IMO.

Unless Leafs wants to spend prospects and picks to get a third team to retain cap going both ways.

Hey Ottawa, you guys have lots of space sitting there doing nothing. Right?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah, that's horrible for the Canucks. The Canucks would have $8.3 million in salary from adding one extra player ($6.9 for Johnsson and Kerfoot and $2.4 million from Eriksson). If they move Eriksson, it's to cut cap, not add it. Especially since they would need a backup as well.

It's the equivalent of Virtanen and Sutter for Anderson at 30%, Liljergen and a 1st. Makes no sense for Toronto and it makes no sense for Vancouver.

wait freddie andersen @30% is the same as eriksson @40%?

lol

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
No disrespect at all, but this is the worst proposal of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad