Proposal: Toronto- Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Eriksson would need to be at 100%, and then I think that is closer in terms of value (not sure if VAN needs Kerfoot or Johnsson, so can't say whether it works in terms of return in that regards). TOR would could/would/should find a third team to retain 50% of Eriksson for a draft pick.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Yeah, that's horrible for the Canucks. The Canucks would have $8.3 million in salary from adding one extra player ($6.9 for Johnsson and Kerfoot and $2.4 million from Eriksson). If they move Eriksson, it's to cut cap, not add it. Especially since they would need a backup as well.

It's the equivalent of Virtanen and Sutter for Anderson at 30%, Liljergen and a 1st. Makes no sense for Toronto and it makes no sense for Vancouver.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
To the Leafs:

Eriksson
Rights to Marky
Sutter
Virtanen
2021 2nd

To Vancity:

2020 3rd

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Kerfoot and Johnsson straight up for Eriksson would be a lot closer to accurate for us. We have 0 use for either, and they take up two roster spots then, not one.

We will give you Eriksson and Demko, and despite Benning saying he won't trade next years early draft picks, I'd be fine with a 1st and Eriksson, but Johnsson and Kerfoot are less then useless for us. They are useless to us, and they carry more combined cap then Eriksson. Toronto should have no trouble moving them to another team to get their cap hits off the books. Who do they dislodge out of Miller, Pettersson, Boeser, Toffoli, Horvat, Pearson, Gaudette, Virtanen and even cheaper guys (then the two) like Roussel? Its towards the end of that list at best. Not to mention Pod and Hog coming up in short enough order.

And you didn't specify, but the pick you're asking for would have to be in 2021, we used our 2020 to get Miller.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Let give up Demko for 3rd liners off knee injuries and meh years. and throw away chance at retaining one of Tanev or Toffoli. And add giving up a 1 just because you bought dinner at mcdonald's. Never change leaf fan.
Johnsson and Kerfoot can’t be given away but they want a first and Demko to boot . Wait till free agency and Pietrangelo is fielding offers . You’ll get picks attached to them then and won’t need to give up your 1st or demko

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
So let me get this straight. VAN retains on Eriksson (which defeats half the purpose of dumping him) and takes on MORE cap hit. AND they add Demko and a first? I could see it being somewhat reasonable if either Kerfoot or Johnsson were useful players, but they're both 3rd liners (and that's being generous to Kerfoot)

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
This trade puts Vancouver in a worse spot to re-sign Markstrom, Tanev, Toffoli, etc.

Makes no sense for the Canucks
Yea, the only way this makes sense for VAN is if they were to then proceed to not sign Toffoli (due to a liking for Johnsson at $3.4M) AND if they didn't retain on Eriksson.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
So let me get this straight. VAN retains on Eriksson (which defeats half the purpose of dumping him) and takes on MORE cap hit. AND they add Demko and a first? I could see it being somewhat reasonable if either Kerfoot or Johnsson were useful players, but they're both 3rd liners (and that's being generous to Kerfoot)
so you could see it being reasonable then, nice to know

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I said it didnt make sense as is on the Leafs board.

To Toronto: Eriksson 50% + Demko
To Team X: Toronto pick (2nd?) to retain 50%
To Vancouver: something minimal

Would work better for all parties. Team X would be hard to find.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

If you can find a team X for that price, by all means, I'd be in. Detroit fans have offered Demko+Eriksson for a token return though, so that would edge out this offer.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Just heard on the radio out here the Leafs have a lot of interest in Markstrom. I’m wonder if a trade where the Canucks help the Leafs by taking Andy, and the Leafs get the rights to Marky is a good deal fir both teams?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Just heard on the radio out here the Leafs have a lot of interest in Markstrom. I’m wonder if a trade where the Canucks help the Leafs by taking Andy, and the Leafs get the rights to Marky is a good deal fir both teams?
Unless that deal comes with another contract going to Toronto, Van can't add a $5million dollar goalie to replace a $3.66 cap hit. We are looking to lose cap not add it. That deal makes re-signing Tanev and Toffoli almost impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->