Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Not moving Kap or a first for an injury prone D man albeit a good one who is coming from a terrible losing culture. No thanks

Also LMFAO at these nucks fans relishing in the leafs struggling in the PLAYOFFS.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Not moving Kap or a first for an injury prone D man albeit a good one who is coming from a terrible losing culture. No thanks

Also LMFAO at these nucks fans relishing in the leafs struggling in the PLAYOFFS.

Plays in 7 games in the SCF and played a huge role in getting our team into the playoffs 3 years ago. "Comes from a terrible losing culture."

Just lock this thread. Leafs can get bounced in the first round, deny that their team has any issues to address and/or refuse to offer anything of value for a quality top 4 dman, and continue to choke away their prime years. Canuck fans shouldn't have to get involved in their feces flinging fest.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Plays in 7 games in the SCF and played a huge role in getting our team into the playoffs 3 years ago. "Comes from a terrible losing culture."

Just lock this thread. Leafs can get bounced in the first round, deny that their team has any issues to address and/or refuse to offer anything of value for a quality top 4 dman, and continue to choke away their prime years. Canuck fans shouldn't have to get involved in their feces flinging fest.

I have no issue taking a chance on Tanev and since i know your gm is Pejorative Slured I am not willing to move Kap or a first. Its really that simple. Because of his injury history and the fact Van's culture may have tarnished him I would move Prospects that may not work out, risk reward trade for both teams. A player like Nielsen comes to mind. He may be good he may not be. If he is great for you,great, if not sorry about your luck. It works the other way as well, we could have Tanev and he misses 25 to thirty games or is injured in the playoffs or worse of all he cant adjust to our system/ having nice things

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I have no issue taking a chance on Tanev and since i know your gm is ******ed I am not willing to move Kap or a first. Its really that simple. Because of his injury history and the fact Van's culture may have tarnished him I would move Prospects that may not work out, risk reward trade for both teams. A player like Nielsen comes to mind. He may be good he may not be. If he is great for you,great, if not sorry about your luck. It works the other way as well, we could have Tanev and he misses 25 to thirty games or is injured in the playoffs

Yeah it's fine, we wouldn't want that offer so there's not much more to discuss here. Another team would offer up something better. Canucks need, at a bare minimum, a mid-first to move Tanev (or something of equivalent value in picks/prospects). Not going to address the rest of your post because it's antagonistic trolling behaviour which this forum doesn't permit.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Yeah it's fine, we wouldn't want that offer so there's not much more to discuss here. Another team would offer up something better. Canucks need, at a bare minimum, a mid-first to move Tanev (or something of equivalent value in picks/prospects). Not going to address the rest of your post because it's antagonistic trolling behaviour which this forum doesn't permit.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic. I am just telling the truth as I see it. There are certain tems at this point I would not want players from. Because those teams are dumpster fires and I one would feel bad sending any kid there and two would be worried what I'm getting back. Vancouver is one of those teams I would be worried about. Not as bad as Buffalo, Ottawa or Edmonton but definitely would need my pro scouts really really doing their due diligence. Hell ROR just came out and said he lost his love of hockey ffs. Its alarming stuff.

I get you guys need a first, if the leafs flame out I would want to keep the pick but I also would hope they think about it as we are not far off. I certainly would not want to be paying Carlson what he wants but I also know Karlson is available. It would have to happen on the draft floor. I don't know if you guy s can get what you want because teams will be in on Karlson and if they miss they will go after the Carlson on july 1. I don't know if anyone is giving a 1st this draft for Tanev. Teams would move seconds and b prospects if they cant get Karlson or dont want to wait on Carlson. I think Tanev will be your hardest player to move value wise because of those two other RHD

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Tanev is literally the ideal D-man we're looking for. If he wasn't injury prone and playing 40 games a season, I'd def do it. But I just don't see how this makes sense considering his health.

Canucks fans, don't feel insulted, he's a great player, and any leafs fan saying otherwise is clueless. The only thing holding us back is the injury prone.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Tanev is literally the ideal D-man we're looking for. If he wasn't injury prone and playing 40 games a season, I'd def do it. But I just don't see how this makes sense considering his health.

Canucks fans, don't feel insulted, he's a great player, and any leafs fan saying otherwise is clueless. The only thing holding us back is the injury prone.

That's 100 percent it. If he wasn't I would move kap our first and maybe even put Johanson or a second in to get it done. He's a wonderful player, the injuries and the mental state are my concerns and I am just being honest, not trolling or being a dick . I would have said these exact same things about my team before shanny as they were true and it sucked.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Tanev must be crap, the only team he is ever traded too is the Leafs. Is it no other team wants his services? Could the creator of the post just show some originality and just make a trade of Tanev to another of the 29 NHL teams. Seemingly, it's not possible.
Tanev would fit well in the Leafs system with a team that actually control the puck and move it. Its funny how he always ends up in Leafs talk though, why? Not sure why. Leafs fans scream bloody murder and offer scraps and Canucks fans want a kings randsom. I just want a half decent fair value for Tanev, and there is a bunch of teams that could use a good shutdown D as a 3rd D in depth. I think he is a great fit whenever I watch Babcock system, but I also think that about the Bruins transition game and a few other teams especially in the East that he could be plopped in and succeed more than the slow aging Canucks who just keep killing the guy.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Guddy will cost u guys Marner. :sarcasm:

Well played. In all honesty, I would totally trade for tanev. My offer was generally

Borgman, 1

Could be brown or another winger.
Obviously not dermott or Lilly. The of the prospects would probably be up for grabs

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks have had glacially slow line changes and little forward support, so Tanev took a lot of hits holding the puck. Also, Canucks are soft like kittens. Guys can run Tanev without any repercussions. Remove those traits and see how it impacts Tanev's durability. I don't think he will seem injury prone on another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad