Jake Gardiner - Andrew Nielsen
Travis Dermott - Frank Corrado
Connor Carrick

Starter: Frederik Andersen​

Last edited:

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Peter Holland has the opportunity to thrive. He being a big, shoot-first centerman with skill ought to benefit if he works.

Likewise Nielsen is being given the opportunity to be paired with Gardiner. Personally, I see him complementing Gardiner quite well. He's big, physical, and can move the puck very well ( via accurate, tape-to-tape, passes) despite being drafted more for his defensive acumen.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm pretty sure Bozak is expected to play... or did I miss something?

Last edited:

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I would complain about the late start but with the Jays game, it really doesn't matter. Will definitely have two screens going tonight though.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Leivo must be done here. Shame as he always showed potential but could never take the next step.

Pretty sure Prust is not taking Leivo's roster spot. This is pre-season. Lou has to waiver or trade some guys still. Relax.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Nice! I thought this was going to be a scrub lineup. Happy to see Timashov still around. Dude is dynamic as ****

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Big chance for Holland here.

If that lineup is correct, that is. There's last minute changes all the time. But I hope he does get a shot, because it might be our final answer on the guy.

Potentially a big chance for Hyman and Timashov, too. Much better linemates than they have typically played with.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
If that's the case then why would they even bring him to training camp, why did they even resign him?

Asset management.....if you think he has value on the trade market you resign him.

I think that they are shopping him....or he is hurt as it makes no sense to see him not dressed.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Neilson playing rhd in the projected lineups. It would be great if he learned to play both sides

I think every NHL defenseman should at least be competent playing the other side because there are times when they will find themselves on their wrong side (PP, an injury, a game misconduct, against a rush, etc.) Plus, sometimes (LH especially) defenders just turn out to be better on the other side, especially offensive defenseman types.

However, I wouldn't be doing this to a 1st year pro in NHL exhibition games. This can happen in the AHL.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leivo must be done here. Shame as he always showed potential but could never take the next step.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's banged up, I've seen nothing in his game that would warrant him not getting another chance IMO, he's been fine this pre-season.

They still have to play 3 games back to back...to back to close off the pre-season. I'm sure he'll get one or two of those games.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
[lineup cards]

Thanks, Cor. Starting to look more and more like the expected NHL lineup.

Ottawa is playing a lot of their NHL regulars. That's their real top-4 D men in Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf, and Methot. And then most of their top-6 forwards, as well!

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
I just love Zach Hyman. His work ethic and physicality is incredible.

We've always discounted his offensive upside because he's more of a two-way guy, but if he can play with Matthews and Nylander I see him putting up significant numbers.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Thanks, Cor. Starting to look more and more like the expected NHL lineup.

Ottawa is playing a lot of their NHL regulars. That's their real top-4 D men in Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf, and Methot. And then most of their top-6 forwards, as well!

Really? I thought it looked more like the NHL lineup vs the Habs. This looks like one more look for a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad