OT: Toronto Remembers

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The question was: what would the Leafs have looked like if Burke had never made the Kessel deal?

That was his original promise. "I will build this the right way". We know the rest. At the very least we would have ended up with Seguin & Hamilton which would have given Burke a lot more rope with the entire fan base who was begging for a full rebuild.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
“I always thought it was funny that Rask was always compared to me, and people are talking about it still. I never put any extra pressure on myself because of that. He did his thing, and I did mine, and it was just a different path.”

Justin Pogge

Justin Pogge chases storybook ending to his career - TheHockeyNews

i still remember watching his first game, which he won and i believe it was Nashville? like 6-4 or something?

so much hype for this guy

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Before people turned on Brian Burke... there was an instant swagger.

Loved this moment from the 2009 Draft

Reactions: robertmac43

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
88501729.jpg.22727_original.jpg

Hal Gill

Who was strangely hated by the Leaf fanbase and yet played fine in TOR, PIT (Cup Winner), and MTL.

I think the 2nd round pick TOR got from PIT for Gill was a mistake.

I think he ended up playing a big part in Montreals upset run of 2010 where they knocked off both the Capitals and Penguins in 7.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
O
I remember that game. Salming had, if I recall correctly, two goals and three assists, and was a +6, and nobody even noticed. :huh::laugh::sarcasm:
Ya I saw it too.
I don't remember how many salming had, but I recall the 2 of them were neck and neck for a while, then sittler just took off

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
“I always thought it was funny that Rask was always compared to me, and people are talking about it still. I never put any extra pressure on myself because of that. He did his thing, and I did mine, and it was just a different path.”

Justin Pogge

Justin Pogge chases storybook ending to his career - TheHockeyNews

I didn't realize until after reading it that this was published in 2016, which means he didn't get the storybook ending I was rooting for and I feel shitty now from the high of believing in this guy to the crushing defeat he must have felt that it didn't work out.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I didn't realize until after reading it that this was published in 2016, which means he didn't get the storybook ending I was rooting for and I feel shitty now from the high of believing in this guy to the crushing defeat he must have felt that it didn't work out.
I always thought it was funny. Pogge, on a stacked Canadian team, won the World Juniors, while Rask, on a much weaker team, was selected as best goalie, but Leaf management said they thought Pogge was the better one.

Nothing against Pogge, but I thought it was pretty obvious.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I always thought it was funny. Pogge, on a stacked Canadian team, won the World Juniors, while Rask, on a much weaker team, was selected as best goalie, but Leaf management said they thought Pogge was the better one.

Nothing against Pogge, but I thought it was pretty obvious.
Never heard that before. Who said that?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I always wondered what our team might have been if we hadn't traded two 1st & a 2nd for Kessel. Oh well.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018

Got watching this clip a bit... man, I forgot how entertaining Hockey was 20 years ago... I would have been 7 during this game, :laugh: The skating and apce does't lok worlds different than it is now to be honest....

Yep.
Hockey was so much more fun to watch back then.
Way better.

Reactions: Eric bungay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad