Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Ottawa Wed. 7PM S/N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs destroy Sens on a daily basis.

Leafs TV ‏@Leafs_TV
Did you Know: vs. the #Sens - Bernier is undefeated (2-0-0) with a 1.91 GAA, and Reimer is 9-2-0-1, .944 SV% and 1.98 GAA #TMLtalk

We can't lose. Easy win here boys. Guarenteed. :yo:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Man - when did the free fall begin last year? I feel like it started earlier this season.

Just before the dead line you could smell the free fall but we were still fighting for a playoff spot and then we dropped so hard after the dead line.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Man - when did the free fall begin last year? I feel like it started earlier this season.

We were a top 10 team in points through March 15 (#9 in league wide standings after 68 games played), and, in a span of just a month, we ended up in the bottom 8 of the league. Only mustered up 4 points in 14 games

The Leafs tank has great potential

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
We need to work harder in warmup and get better at shootin our own goalie, because that's how we need to tank. Start shooting on Bernier or Reimer.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I'm not totally committed to tanking but the way we are headed, something has got to give and getting a good draft pick will be absolutely necessary and at least hopefully a good chance in the lottery to get a shot at #1 and pick McDavid.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Maybe this season this team can do the opposite of what last season's team did. Go on an unbelievable tear down the stretch and somehow make the playoffs. I just don't see it happening with this group. Right now, I am just watching to see how things unfold. I have emotionally checked out at this point. When Kadri scored last game, I had no emotion. I knew that the Leafs won't come back. Only thing that will get me back into it is if the Leafs go on a great run.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm for the Tank but 2 teams I hate to lose against Ottawa and Montreal. GLG!

let's put it in a different perspective.
would you rather be 5th (and lose to Montreal & Ottawa) - or do you want to be 10, just so you can say "at least we beat them?"

take the bitter now, to enjoy the sweet later.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Maybe this season this team can do the opposite of what last season's team did. Go on an unbelievable tear down the stretch and somehow make the playoffs. I just don't see it happening with this group. Right now, I am just watching to see how things unfold. I have emotionally checked out at this point. When Kadri scored last game, I had no emotion. I knew that the Leafs won't come back. Only thing that will get me back into it is if the Leafs go on a great run.

we're 9 points behind Boston.
10 behind Washington
11 behind New York
+ Florida keeps winning and has games in hand

we basically have to expect one of those teams to do a Leafs (negatively), and everyone else goes .500 while we go. minimum .750 hockey. (basically 23 and 10).

playoffs are over.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Fans cheering for or against the tank have literally no impact on the outcome.

They will win or lose (more likely). I doubt anyone is happy with the position we have right now because that means we aren't a playoff team. Meaning another year that we just aren't good.

Draft pick can be a silver lining. But please leafs don't be middle of the pack like every other year. Tank properly or win and get into the playoffs.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
let's put it in a different perspective.
would you rather be 5th (and lose to Montreal & Ottawa) - or do you want to be 10, just so you can say "at least we beat them?"

take the bitter now, to enjoy the sweet later.

Ah, but, the sweet never materializes later! :rant:

MLSE has a way of making the sweet just evaporate into thin air! :rant:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
10 behind Washington
11 behind New York

we basically have to expect one of those teams to do a Leafs (negatively), and everyone else goes .500 while we go. minimum .750 hockey. (basically 23 and 10).

playoffs are over.

:nod: Won none and done!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
10 behind Washington
11 behind New York

playoffs are over.

Yea, I don't think playoffs are happening either. This team is not good enough. Look at our centres right now :laugh: After that, we have a couple of good wingers and that's it. Our defence is a joke too. My God, we really do need a legit miracle to make it. Damn. People say "we have some good pieces" I just don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad