Proposal: Toronto/New Jersey

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Brian Boyle for Josh Leivo.

Jersey gets a winger that is NHL ready and Quenneville and McLeod battle it out for the 4C position. McLeod needs to play centre IMO.

Toronto gets a 4C with experience that they are looking for and are looking tasty with Tavares, Matthews, Kadri and Boyle down the middle.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I would definitely be interested in having Boyle back, with retention, for Leivo and a pick.

Last edited:

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Pretty sure Toronto would like a pick for Leivo, if they're wanting to move him.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Na keep him, we will just trade another second for him or another 4th line centre at the deadline rather than address the need properly now. Thank God Lou is gone.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Because they're not going to pay someone 2.75m to play 6 mins a night when a league minimum contract will suffice.
6 minutes a night? That's absurd. Babcock is going to make Boyle play at least 9 minutes, most likely 10. Boyle will be more beneficial to the club than leivo will be. Boyle fits a need for the leafs where as leivo doesn't. The leafs need a 4C who can win faceoffs and kill penalties. Leivo can not do either.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
6 minutes a night? That's absurd. Babcock is going to make Boyle play at least 9 minutes, most likely 10. Boyle will be more beneficial to the club than leivo will be. Boyle fits a need for the leafs where as leivo doesn't. The leafs need a 4C who can win faceoffs and kill penalties. Leivo can not do either.
With Tavares Matthews and Kadri all being 17-18 min a night guys we literally just need a warm body that can/will step in front of pucks and win a face off or two, other than that the biggest asset our fourth line C will have is a sub 1m cap hit.
Honestly you’re so off base with everything you say, I seriously wonder what sport/team you actually watch.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Nope, and not @$2.75M AAV

lol

Never change, Anish.
He would be a much better fit. Why don't you try and dispute why not?

He's a physical guy who can kill penalties. That's a player Babcock would like that won't play above his place in the lineup. lindholm isn't a guy who an kill penalties and play on the penalty kill.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
What if jersey retained? I am unaware of leafs having cap issues this year. If they have enough cap space why does it matter if they pay him 2.75. Money isn't an issue in toronto. Unless they are against the cap.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Brian boyle at 50% for leivo + 4th

i mean i wouldnt hate it, leivo finally gets to play hockey and we get a good proven 4c

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
With Tavares Matthews and Kadri all being 17-18 min a night guys we literally just need a warm body that can/will step in front of pucks and win a face off or two, other than that the biggest asset our fourth line C will have is a sub 1m cap hit.
Honestly you’re so off base with everything you say, I seriously wonder what sport/team you actually watch.
I'm not off base with anything I'm saying. You just aren't understanding what I'm saying. There's more to a 4C than just plugging in someone at a cheap price and letting them play. We did that with Ben smith and Dominic Moore and look what happened there. They were terrible for us. There's a reason why management traded back to back second round picks for 4th line centers. With Boyle on the team, they won't have to do that.

Reactions: Puckclektr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad