Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Purely hypothetical deal since I believe Toronto organization has too much invested in Matthews with the fanbase, but how's this for a trade, hockey-wise?

To Nashville: Auston Matthews

To Toronto: PK Subban + Kyle Turris

Toronto gets their true 1RHD and a good depth replacement center to go with Tavares and Kadri. Due to Matthews and Subban's age difference, Nashville adds Turris.

Nashville gets their 1C and has Matthews and Johansen down the middle. They are probably the one team who is so deep on D depth they can lose a Subban and shrug it off, plus replace him with yet another D they develop.

Also in the end Matthews salary alone will exceed Subban by a few mil so the salaries on both sides in the end will be close.

Again I think Matthews will be a longtime Leaf but how's this for value and team needs?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
lol no

leafs arent taking on 15 mil in cap. this kinda deal means we also have to give up one of nylander or marner

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews+Gardiner for Subban+Jarnkrok+Tolvanen

not even close

the difference between matthews and jankrok+prospect is a lot bigger than subban and gards

take out gards and the leafs still say no

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Purely hypothetical deal since I believe Toronto organization has too much invested in Matthews with the fanbase, but how's this for a trade, hockey-wise?

To Nashville: Auston Matthews

To Toronto: PK Subban + Kyle Turris

Toronto gets their true 1RHD and a good depth replacement center to go with Tavares and Kadri. Due to Matthews and Subban's age difference, Nashville adds Turris.

Nashville gets their 1C and has Matthews and Johansen down the middle. They are probably the one team who is so deep on D depth they can lose a Subban and shrug it off, plus replace him with yet another D they develop.

Also in the end Matthews salary alone will exceed Subban by a few mil so the salaries on both sides in the end will be close.

Again I think Matthews will be a longtime Leaf but how's this for value and team needs?

the only way a deal between these two happen is if its for nylander + or marner for subban

matthews for subban + isnt happening. matthews has pretty much been the most lethal scorer since he came in the league (tied 1st in 5 on 5 goals, despite 20 less games than mcD)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Without it devolving into a childish type of thread, I'd just like to say this; we're not trading Auston Matthews. Period.

This will likely get a lot better once he's signed to an 8 year deal.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Subban is one of the best d-men on the planet. This trade however is still heavily and unrealistically in favor of Nashville. It's been said over and over again, but it cant be said enough because people dont seem to get it. The only player Toronto would accept in return for Matthews would be McDavid.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Subban is one of the best d-men on the planet. This trade however is still heavily and unrealistically in favor of Nashville. It's been said over and over again, but it cant be said enough because people dont seem to get it. The only player Toronto would accept in return for Matthews would be McDavid.
Given his age and productivity, that's completely understandable.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
No, not close.

Unless you're adding Forsberg to Subban (or extended Ellis), I don't even give this a second thought.

Doubt that moves the needle fully too.

MarryMarner

Mar 31, 2008
PK Subban
Filip Forsberg
Eeli Tolvanen
2019 1st Round Pick
for
Auston Matthews
Nikita Zaitsev

Patrick Marleau - John Tavares - Mitch Marner
Andreas Johnsson - William Nylander - Filip Forsberg
Eeli Tolvanen - Nazem Kadri - Kasperi Kapanen
Zach Hyman - Par Lindholm - Connor Brown

Morgan Rielly - PK Subban
Jake Gardiner - Ron Hainsey
Travis Dermott - Connor Carrick

Frederik Andersen

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
When I look at Nashville's needs, a center is no longer near the top of that list. We need a goal scoring winger (Tolvanen may provide that) and more grit on the bottom pairings. Sure it would be nice to upgrade Johansen, Turris or Bones but it's not needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad