Proposal: Toronto/Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Here's how I read this...

Dubas:
Hey MB you know your arguably best Dman who has played like a number 1 for 3 years and 2 of your top 5 prospects..

MB:
Yeah

Dubas:

We'll give you a pretty good young dman who likely tops out as a second pairing guy, a small third liner and a first but you have to throw in a 2nd. Deal?

MB:

Dial tone

Reactions: mattyboy

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Edit: Reworking initial deal due to more or less unanimous thoughts of overvaluing from the Leafs side. I guess I overvalued Abruzzese and undervalued Primeau. Fair enough.

Despite the storied rivalry, the Leafs and Habs do have a trade history so I thought I'd have a little fun and see if we can come up with a deal that makes sense. I'm sure Montreal/Toronto fans will have some reservations, but I do ask that they refrain from too much animosity and suggest a counter offer if it's at all close.

The idea behind this trade is that the Leafs acquire the best player in the deal to ease the loss of Barrie and Ceci given a discount giving his pending UFA status. The Leafs also pick up two prospects in Brook and Primeau that fill two positions of need. This is also assuming the Leafs feel Robertson is ready to step in and replace Johnsson's production. Primeau is a great prospect who probably isn't going to replace Price given his current contract.

The Canadiens acquire a bounce back candidate who scored 20 goals in his last healthy season who would open them up to moving Domi for cap space/defense etc. They also gain a pmd in Dermott who's expendable given the Leafs depth on the left side. They also acquire a high upside RFA in Bracco who just can't seem to stick with the Leafs despite consistently being one of the top players on the Marlies roster.

Anyway... fire away... :ha::popcorn:

:habs
Travis Dermott
Andreas Johnsson
Penguins 1st 2020

:leafs
Jeff Petry
Josh Brook
Cayden Primeau
Montreal 2nd 2020
The only thing that would interest Montreal would be the 1st rd pick 15th overall .
Montreal aren't trading Petry, Brook, Primeau , 2nd rd pick to get a 1st rd pick .
It's an easy no from Montreal

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Edit: Reworking initial deal due to more or less unanimous thoughts of overvaluing from the Leafs side. I guess I overvalued Abruzzese and undervalued Primeau. Fair enough.

Despite the storied rivalry, the Leafs and Habs do have a trade history so I thought I'd have a little fun and see if we can come up with a deal that makes sense. I'm sure Montreal/Toronto fans will have some reservations, but I do ask that they refrain from too much animosity and suggest a counter offer if it's at all close.

The idea behind this trade is that the Leafs acquire the best player in the deal to ease the loss of Barrie and Ceci given a discount giving his pending UFA status. The Leafs also pick up two prospects in Brook and Primeau that fill two positions of need. This is also assuming the Leafs feel Robertson is ready to step in and replace Johnsson's production. Primeau is a great prospect who probably isn't going to replace Price given his current contract.

The Canadiens acquire a bounce back candidate who scored 20 goals in his last healthy season who would open them up to moving Domi for cap space/defense etc. They also gain a pmd in Dermott who's expendable given the Leafs depth on the left side. They also acquire a high upside RFA in Bracco who just can't seem to stick with the Leafs despite consistently being one of the top players on the Marlies roster.

Travis Dermott
Andreas Johnsson
Penguins 1st 2020

Jeff Petry
Josh Brook
Cayden Primeau
Montreal 2nd 2020
montreal does not touch this with a 10 foot pole. not. even. close

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Alright that’s fair, what do you think Montreal would want for just Petry and Brook?
montreal isn't trading petry. he'll be resigned, and i don't think habs are in a position to move Brook unless they feel they're getting something back. None of those pieces move the needle for Montreal who already have 14 picks this fall.
And only fools will crap on Primeau. He made the AHL AS rookie team and is essentially untouchable. Habs stole him the 7th round and bergevin has already rejected proposals for him.
He's being groomed to replace price within 2-3 years

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013

Travis Dermott
Andreas Johnsson
Penguins 1st 2020

Jeff Petry
Josh Brook
Cayden Primeau
Montreal 2nd 2020
Hard pass

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't trade the 15th OA for any single one of those pieces lol.
A Number 1-2 D
One of the best goalie prospects right now++ a solid Defensive prospect for the 15th pick that odds say will be lucky to see a handful of NHL games....sign all of us Habs fans up!! Guys like you that make others laugh at the leafs and your proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00