Proposal: Toronto - Montreal

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
No Michalek is just trash.. so having him on our roster would be bad.

Why would we trade for a bum when we have guys like Lehkonen, Hudon, Reway who are pushing for a roster spot? Think your proposals over in the future and don't try to justify pawning off a worthless player.

Albeit...

Say DD for Michalek...

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Michalek-Plekanec-Gallagher
Shaw-McCarron-Andrighetto
Byron-Danault-Mitchell

That wouldn't be so bad, MM & TP are together with the Czech team too. We get better down the middle.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
To Montreal:

Milan Michalek (50% retained)

To Toronto:

2017 2nd Round Pick (Washington's)

Gives Montreal that LW option they have been looking for, who already has chemistry with Plekanec (as shown in the World Cup) At $2 million MM should be a solid 15-20 goal scorer given a top 6 role, which is great value for Montreal.

Gives the Leafs an extra middle 6 forward spot to the Leafs young guys to work for. Michalek is a good veteran presence, but he won't be on the Leafs roster by the end of the year so I'd rather a young guy who will be on the roster get the development time.

The pick from Montreal could go to lower rounds, assuming the amount retained goes down as well.

i knew i shouldn't have clicked on this thread

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Tbh I dont like MM at all, but I'm fairly confident that he'd put up 20 goals playing in Montreal's top six. Being centered by Galchenyuk or Plekanec I could see 25+.

I feel hes the most likely vet to be traded because he is actually appealing, he can still play.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Albeit...

Say DD for Michalek...

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Michalek-Plekanec-Gallagher
Shaw-McCarron-Andrighetto
Byron-Danault-Mitchell

That wouldn't be so bad, MM & TP are together with the Czech team too. We get better down the middle.

Lehkonen>MM
why would we would play MM instead of Lehkonen is beyond me. He can play. He's having a fantastic rookie camp showing. He backchecks, skates, passes, can score, hes really impressive. And his shot is a thing of beauty.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Lehkonen>MM
why would we would play MM instead of Lehkonen is beyond me. He can play. He's having a fantastic rookie camp showing. He backchecks, skates, passes, can score, hes really impressive. And his shot is a thing of beauty.

Agreed. Michalek is basically fodder for a cup team looking for depth at the trade line. And unless he starts to put up numbers again I can't imagine teams are going to pay a 2nd for him.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
To Montreal:

Milan Michalek (50% retained)

To Toronto:

2017 2nd Round Pick (Washington's)

Gives Montreal that LW option they have been looking for, who already has chemistry with Plekanec (as shown in the World Cup) At $2 million MM should be a solid 15-20 goal scorer given a top 6 role, which is great value for Montreal.

Gives the Leafs an extra middle 6 forward spot to the Leafs young guys to work for. Michalek is a good veteran presence, but he won't be on the Leafs roster by the end of the year so I'd rather a young guy who will be on the roster get the development time.

The pick from Montreal could go to lower rounds, assuming the amount retained goes down as well.

If you want us to take on your garbage than it would be Milan Michalek (50% retained) for DD.

boredguy

Sep 24, 2007
If Michalek gets traded it'll be at the deadline after he shows he can still play. If he sucks Leafs just eat his contract for the season.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
If Montreal wanted a veteran to fill up the top 3 lines, Alex Tanguay would be a Hab today.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hey.......We'll take him back in Ottawa for a 4th rounder. Michalek is still a serviceable 3rd liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad