The Star: Toronto Marlies coach search begins

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
When the music stops and all the coaching chairs are taken up, and Ruff isn't in one of them, what about him? He'd get paid better as Marlies coach than a bunch of NHL coaches.

leafspring*

The leafs should look into kris draper who is a local from west hill and is a winner his whole career. He also played with Randy Carlyle his last year in the PEG.(WINNIPEG).

He is a special assistant in Detroit at present but a Selke trophy winner would bring the approach to the team i would appreciate.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Keep in mind Hunter is co-owner, president and head coach of the London Knights.

So he has his finger in every pot of that organization.. He tried his hand at NHL coaching and decided to return to his post in the OHL.

Money is not his only motivating factor here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Hockey_League

As much as I would like to see the Leafs use their financial muscle to get a star coach like Hunter, I don't think we need to. If I'm not mistaken, Hunter is at least a 50 percent owner of the Knights, probably the most valuable franchise in the OHL. He's probably making upwards of 5mm just from that team. AV just got 2mm a year to coach the Rangers. If I was Hunter, it would be a no brainer to stay where I'm at.

Plus, you would think if he really wanted to coach at the pro level there would be a job for him in the NHL- assuming he's not just thinking about the money. I just don't see a fit here, but of course this is all my opinion.

oh that bit i didn't know - it was just presented that he has a lot of money at the OHL level :)

i'm sure Nonis (or rather the Marlie's GM) will make the best decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad