Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning Offense/Forwards

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning Offense/Forwards

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto pretty easily. Tampa's forward aren't that good to be honest. They just put up good numbers because they're playing in Tampa.

This doesn't make much sense to me. I mean it's easy to make a valid pro Leaf argument but to say Tampa isn't that good seems ridiculous. I'm sure there is an argument to be made that Tampa has inflated stats for some of their players but that is because they have so many good players that they are facing lesser defensive groups while still putting out top players throughout their lineup. Saying Tampa's forwards "aren't that good" seems to be anything but honest.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I feel so sorry for you. I'd probably start losing my mind too if I was a Sens fan.
Ottawa Senators playoff wins in past 3 years: 11 (2 series’)
Tampa Bay Lightning playoff wins in past 3 years: 11 (2 series’)

You should probably start losing your mind.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tampa because they are harder and deeper. The top end is a wash. Only team with a forward group that might rival either team is Dallas.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Just the forwards? I take Toronto quite easily. Matthews and Marner are better than any forward Tampa has, Kutcherov being not far behind of course.

Tampa is a much, much better team however.

The argument about being healthy is legit. Some players cant stay healthy like Palat who is a great player but cant get into the lineup.

Dude... Marner over Kucherov? Kucherov outscored him by 34 points last year. I know we get the leafs shoved down our throats in Ottawa but come on.

Kucherov is the best player out of the group and I dont think even the most biased leaf fan would argue that.

This is the order I have it.

Kucherov
Matthews
Point
Marner
Tavares
Stamkos
Nylander
Johnson
Palat
Kapanen
Gourde
Johnsson
Cirelli
Killorn
Joseph
Kerfoot
Maroon
Paquette
Moore
Gauthier
Spezza

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Tampa.
Better at the top, better at the bottom. Those bottom 4-5 forwards in Toronto are one of the lower end in the league, to be honest.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I mean, they are pretty damn close, and the fact that it has a legit discussion is enough for me. Long ways from having Kessel or Sundin and not much else around them.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Tampa.
Better at the top, better at the bottom. Those bottom 4-5 forwards in Toronto are one of the lower end in the league, to be honest.

Strongly disagree. They have 2 40 point forwards on the 3rd line when healthy. Moore is great but young, a great checker and defensive forward. 4th lines are whatever, but they had a ton of guys in camp and got to pick the best 3/4.

But the reality is, the third line is still a better 3rd line in the league, and the 4th line is there to kill penalties mostly. The top end more than makes up for not having a ton of salary on the 4th line.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Strongly disagree. They have 2 40 point forwards on the 3rd line when healthy. Moore is great but young, a great checker and defensive forward. 4th lines are whatever, but they had a ton of guys in camp and got to pick the best 3/4.

But the reality is, the third line is still a better 3rd line in the league, and the 4th line is there to kill penalties mostly. The top end more than makes up for not having a ton of salary on the 4th line.

Isn't the bottom 6, as of right now:

Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Moore
Timashov - Gauthier - Shore

With Hyman out? With him back it bumps one of Kapanen/Johnsson/Hyman down to the third line?
With one of those guys on the third line, it doesn't make them a 40 point forwards on their own. If you slide them beside Tavares or Matthews for 80 games, they're 40 point forwards. It'd also be hard pressed to see Kerfoot snag 11 GF on the PP without Nathan MacKinnon.

As of right now. Not great man.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
LOL wow, hows this still open, this is Tampa and AINEC :laugh:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

With Hyman out? With him back it bumps one of Kapanen/Johnsson/Hyman down to the third line?
With one of those guys on the third line, it doesn't make them a 40 point forwards on their own. If you slide them beside Tavares or Matthews for 80 games, they're 40 point forwards. It'd also be hard pressed to see Kerfoot snag 11 GF on the PP without Nathan MacKinnon.

That's legit the worst in the league.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Did Spezza get cut?

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
That's legit the worst in the league.

Bruh. Come on now. Just because you don't recognize the names doesn't make them bad. How about we give them 10 games at least before you try saying that? Besides, with the Leafs top 6, they just need the bottom 6 to kill penalites and not get scored on.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Bruh. Come on now. Just because you don't recognize the names doesn't make them bad. How about we give them 10 games at least before you try saying that? Besides, with the Leafs top 6, they just need the bottom 6 to kill penalites and not get scored on.

Plus Kapanen and Spezza are really part of it, once Hyman is back in a month.

Easily better than Boston's bottom 6, anyway.

:)

Reactions: Incognito

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Plus Kapanen and Spezza are really part of it, once Hyman is back in a month.

Easily better than Boston's bottom 6, anyway.

:)

I am just saying easily best in the league is extreme hyperbole. Leafs are held to such high standards on here compared to a lot of teams, they need a team Canada roster just to be called decent.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
All comes down to the power play.

Leafs scored just as many even strength goals as Tampa last year, and that's with missing Matthews and Nylander for huge chunks of the season.
They might actually have scored more goals if Nylander had missed the entire season... :DD

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I am just saying easily best in the league is extreme hyperbole. Leafs are held to such high standards on here compared to a lot of teams, they need a team Canada roster just to be called decent.

The standard for this thread is "best in the league". If one wants his team to be considered best in the league at something, then of course the standard is very best. Otherwise, why would the Leafs even be in the conversation of this thread topic if they're simply good?

That's the thing. You (and I'm talking the collective "you", not you specifically) can't tout your team as the best at something (in this case offensively), and then also complain that everyone holds them to an unfair standard that they don't hold other teams to. Because those other teams aren't being hailed as "the best offense in the league".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad