GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs Versus Boston Bruins Game Two (7:00 PM EST - SN, CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Intercourse The Bruins.
download (1).jpeg

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
You can tell in this thread who watches hockey vs who just watches the Leafs.

Alternating goalies has worked great for Boston the last 2 regular seasons. They got away from it last playoffs and it cost them. Sticking with their plan isn't disrespect to Swayman or the Leafs
so now the regular season matters?

In the playoffs you play the better goalie no stop. They lost last time because they gave ullmark too much of a rope, should’ve been pulled game 5.

Hopefully the team makes them regret this decision.

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
For sure, it's proven to be successful in the regular season. My opinion is that it's a bit different than a regular season set of games between like Columbus and Minnesota and it has the potential to flip the momentum if Ullmark doesn't play well. We'll find out.
You'd have a point if we didn't just watch them implode riding Ullmark last year vs Florida.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Old time hackey. Get yer stick in their gut. Let 'em know yer there!

I don't like our chances of trading punches. We need to go the other way around, let's have a gentlemen's agreement and keep it civil!

GLG !

I want to see old Marchand vs Marner. We'll win the series for sure if Mitch beats smaller, older Marchand -their captain ! GMG !

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
so now the regular season matters?

In the playoffs you play the better goalie no stop. They lost last time because they gave ullmark too much of a rope, should’ve been pulled game 5.

Hopefully the team makes them regret this decision.
So you're saying they should ride 1 goalie, and your reasoning is because they should've switched goalies sooner last year? LMAO

verdi

Oct 19, 2023
This is going to be f***ing bullshit. At the end of the night, I'm fully prepared and expecting 0-2 in the series.

Reactions: fahad203

verdi

Oct 19, 2023
I'm in such a bad mood - I wish the Leafs were in the same mood instead of their f***ing humdrum mellow attitude.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
So you're saying they should ride 1 goalie, and your reasoning is because they should've switched goalies sooner last year? LMAO
Every team does this

You ride one, and only swap when the other falters

Carolina is doing the same with Andersen and Kochetkov

Swayman had a .970 and one goal on 36 shots. Ullmark probably won’t give them a better performance than that

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Bottomline, Swayman was the best player on the ice. He isn't playing tonight. To me that's over thinking it on Boston's part and I hope it burns them.

How do you change goalie after he was absolutely steller

A) you are putting Ullmark in a bad spot
B) Killing the momentum
C) You may reduce the pressure on the leafs who had Swayman in their heads

If Leafs needed a break, here it is.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
How do you change goalie after he was absolutely steller

A) you are putting Ullmark in a bad spot
B) Killing the momentum
C) You may reduce the pressure on the leafs who had Swayman in their heads

If Leafs needed a break, here it is.
Like when the Jays pulled their starter.

Reactions: Kurtz

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Before the last game the game plan was to test Swaymans durability I believe.

Montgomery is mitigating that factor. What a fool. The obvious choice / covering his own ass would be overplaying a young less experienced goalie.

Yes, it has the potential to backfire, greatly.

It goes against the "you play your hot goalie until he's cooked, then you put in the backup that last played two months ago.. " narrative.

Some of these posters are too used to people covering their asses first, trying to win the Cup second.
It's a mind-blowingly stupid decision on his part. The Leafs will win, and then he will go back to Swayman for game 3. When the Leafs win that game, as well, he likely has to switch goalies again. When Boston ends up losing this series, he is going to get crucified by the media there for this decision.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Every team does this

You ride one, and only swap when the other falters

Carolina is doing the same with Andersen and Kochetkov

Swayman had a .970 and one goal on 36 shots. Ullmark probably won’t give them a better performance than that
And then what happens if Swayman breaks down cause he's never had a full work load before? You've shown Ullmark a vote of no confidence.

Starting Ullmark tonight is the smart move. If he shits the bed, then you look at changing it up and riding Swayman.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Are you going to get better goaltending than Swayman provided
Why bail out the Leafs by changing what was working. You have already implanted doubt in Leafs head

Swayman is also their future. Go with hot hands. Makes no sense to me to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad