Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Pittsburgh Penguins 12/30/15

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
For as bad as the Pens are playing, there are quite a few other Eastern teams that are struggling too. Islanders and Rangers are nothing special too. 4-5 games winning streak and we might be close to the whole pack, besides the Caps of course.

Leafs are playing solid hockey though, not gonna be easy but we need to win these games.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Määttä-Letang pairing at the practice. Hopefully that means Letang is ready to play tomorrow.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Poor Crosby worst 1st line wingers in the league

That's because he's unofficially on the 3rd line.

Also, ENOUGH WITH PORTER. We already have generally nondescript roll-players/PKers in Bonino, Cullen, and Fehr and they're much better.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
MAF also on ice today.

Actually have a shot to rally off some wins if Letang is back and MAF soon/Murray playing well.

It's been 2 weeks since Beau went down.
Schedule is 4 to 6 weeks for him.

Not expecting much but like i said, theres a chance with Letang/MAF back.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Think it's rather nuts to give Sheary the RW spot next to Sid and not try Kessel there again.
I mean, were talking about a proven NHL sniper here folks vs a midget AHL'er.

I'd also be bumping Plots up with Sid or Geno for a long look.
The Kunitz love affair continues.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Think it's rather nuts to give Sheary the RW spot next to Sid and not try Kessel there again.
I mean, were talking about a proven NHL sniper here folks vs a midget AHL'er.

I'd also be bumping Plots up with Sid or Geno for a long look.
The Kunitz love affair continues.

I'll pretty much guarantee that they look at those games with Kunitz being Kunitz and C. struggling as proof that it won't work. They'll try it again in a few years with Kunitz finally gone and it will work, hilarity will ensue.

I miss Bennett and I'm going to be pissed when he's relegated to bottom 6 duty when he gets back while Kunitz continues to get coddled and Sheary is the new pet project. No offence to Sheary but come on.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
And Perron looked good with Sid. I dunno what the **** to think anymore. It can't just be the coach everytime right? We've had 3 of them now and they do the same dumb ****ing lines.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
it's easy perron sucks and kunitz is the only possible winger that doesn't result in an instant 200 goals against

hskey

Apr 7, 2009
In an effort to find some hope, I was looking around at the team stats and the Pens...aren't as awful in a lot of categories as I'd thought they'd be. For example, 3rd in shots for per game, 23rd in penalty minutes per game (8.6, or roughly 4 minor penalties), 8th in goals against per game (like...8th best), 6th in penalty kill, etc. It's not that terrible.

but then I look at the other stats... 3rd least goals for, 3rd worst powerplay and 4th most shots against and I get sad again.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
And Perron looked good with Sid. I dunno what the **** to think anymore. It can't just be the coach everytime right? We've had 3 of them now and they do the same dumb ****ing lines.

Maybe the evaluation of players on HF just isn't as accurate as people think here. Just a thought. HF constantly plays favorites and ****s on the whipping boys. Look at how much crap Kunitz is getting and then look at the leeway Perron is getting when both have been straight up trash this year.

Neither Perron or Kunitz should be in our top-6, but sadly, we have like 3 actual top-6 players this year (Crosby, Malkin and Kessel).

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kunitz - Crosby and Geno - Horny.

The duos so dynamic that we just have to keep riding their wave of unprecedented success.

If only we could clone Porter so he could play on each line.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Maybe the evaluation of players on HF just isn't as accurate as people think here. Just a thought. HF constantly plays favorites and ****s on the whipping boys. Look at how much crap Kunitz is getting and then look at the leeway Perron is getting when both have been straight up trash this year.

Neither Perron or Kunitz should be in our top-6, but sadly, we have like 3 actual top-6 players this year (Crosby, Malkin and Kessel).

Perron's outproducing Kunitz despite playing a good portion of the year on his wrong side. Kunitz looks like ass despite having the most iron-clad spot on the team. God only knows how bad he'd look if he were regularly switched to RW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad