News Article: Toronto Maple Leafs: NHL Draft War Room

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
THW's Eastern hockey bird dog E-Mac looks at an alternative perspective for the Leafs at the 2013 NHL Draft table.

Looks at the following elements:
  • Major Needs
  • Likely Draft Positions and Potential Picks
  • The Major Team Decision Makers
  • The Big Club – Current Roster
  • Top 10 Prospects
  • The Last Three Drafts

Link to full article

While I may not even agree with all the proposed picks and prospect rankings, definitely a thorough and knowledgeable perspective. Comments and constructive criticism expected and wanted...

(Apologies in advance if any spelling errors; tried to double and triple check as much as possible. Not looking to make excuses, but my neighbour hood was one of those hit in Calgary flooding and it's been a crazy few days, to say the least. But the draft goes on...)
___

*2013 NHL Draft Prospect Index
**2013 NHL Draft Guide: The Next Ones
***2013 NHL Draft Rankings: The Next Ones Final Top 210

Last edited:

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Yes - that's the one - corrected in OP as well.

Sorry - lack of sleep over the weekend catching up; Playing catch up with draft coverage.

Apologies again for the flood and hockey induced brain freeze.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Yes - that's the one - corrected in OP as well.

Sorry - lack of sleep over the weekend catching up; Playing catch up with draft coverage.

Apologies again for the flood and hockey induced brain freeze.

No problem at all. Under the circumstances that Jets malarky can fly here haha.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The more I think about it the more I want the Leafs to pick Gauthier, it has been a long time since we had a big time prospect at C (not including Colborne.) At #21 it's more about need then BPA IMO and if Gauthier is there I'd take him.

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto
The more I think about it the more I want the Leafs to pick Gauthier, it has been a long time since we had a big time prospect at C (not including Colborne.) At #21 it's more about need then BPA IMO and if Gauthier is there I'd take him.

So if there is a Karlsson or Giroux on the board, you would rather draft for need? Nah uh

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto
It should always be BPA. If the other teams are going to be stupid and draft based on aesthetics, why should we? Let's hope that Anthony Mantha is available and we select him.

Exactly. You can't ever draft by need. Certain drafts are dominated with certain positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad