Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Calgary Flames | Oct 30th (8PM est TSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
We actually have a tremendous chance of winning in Calgary.

I am sure Kipper robbed us because the Leafs weren't exactly a good team over the last 7 years.

Karri Ramo? Joey Macdonald? That doesn't scare me.

Most key players should be well rested since they didn't play much in the 3rd.

Expecting a win, won't be shocked if we lose.

Kipper's stats vs Toronto: 7-2-1, 2.60 GAA, .918 sv%

So yeah, he was pretty damn good against the Leafs. Will definitely help with him being gone.

Just for reference:

MacDonald vs Leafs: 1-1-2, 3.34 GAA, .895 sv%
Ramo vs Leafs: 2-0-2, 1.93 GAA, .934 sv% :help:

Ramo has actually played better against the Leafs than any other team in his career.... hopefully MacDonald starts tomorrow :sarcasm:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kipper's stats vs Toronto: 7-2-1, 2.60 GAA, .918 sv%

So yeah, he was pretty damn good against the Leafs. Will definitely help with him being gone.

Just for reference:

MacDonald vs Leafs: 1-1-2, 3.34 GAA, .895 sv%
Ramo vs Leafs: 2-0-2, 1.93 GAA, .934 sv% :help:

Ramo has actually played better against the Leafs than any other team in his career.... hopefully MacDonald starts tomorrow :sarcasm:

When was Ramo in the NHL? I don't even remember. 2-0-2 when he was with Tampa Bay...

Weird, I thought Ramo never played in NA before this season.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
When was Ramo in the NHL? I don't even remember. 2-0-2 when he was with Tampa Bay...

Weird, I thought Ramo never played in NA before this season.

Yeah he's been a journeyman project pick thus far if that makes any sense. At one point he was well regarded as a good goaltending prospect but was very very raw, and played almost 50 games for Tampa between the ages of 20-22. Then he left for the KHL and put up stellar numbers.

He's been okay for Calgary thus far although the numbers may not reflect that, but that team is really bad defensively and he's been left hanging out to dry multiple times.

Still, that Reto Berra guy is playing very well for them in the AHL and I think it's only a matter of time before he supplants Ramo.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Only Canadian team that I don't hate for no apparent reason.

I have to agree with this. I'm on the fence about Edmonton as I always liked them before, but since joining HF that's skewed my opinion a bit as their fans can be really obnoxious, but then again who doesn't hate us in Canada? I hate all the other Canadian teams for sure though, Habs and Sens for obvious reasons, Jets for their wanna-be team along with irritating, arrogant for no reason fans (especially on HF), and Canucks because of the style of hockey they play and also their annoying ass fans and the city of Vancouver's strange hateful obsession of Toronto.

Maybe it's cause all the Flames fans are on Calgary Puck forums or whatever it's called instead of HF and we never see the trolls or obnoxious fans around here. Regardless, I've always liked the Flames, and cheered for them hard back in 2004. I also rooted for them in the subsequent years when they were in the playoffs. Iginla was also a very classy man and great player and was associated with them for a very long time, so I liked them because of him too.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Habs fan here.

Brilliant moves by your GM in recent times.

You guys have quickly morphed into a top team.

Contenders to make the SC Finals, even.

Very impressive.

Congratulations! :)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I always liked Calgarians in general, Canada's Texas. Anything I hear about Texas I could easily insert the same about Calgary

except!
we don't have palm trees.

And guys. No. NO "I expect a loss." nuhnuhh!

We are going. to. WIN. WIN!

ugh.. but i hate wednesday games. always forces me to miss survivor :(

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This isn't because of the "C" thing, but I expect us to lose this one.

Likely going to be some tired legs since it's an earlier game time not even a day later.

Hopefully Bernier is ready though, he's very likely to get peppered quite a bit. The Flames are a hard working team despite their lack of talent, unlike the Oilers, so I just hope the Leafs don't take this one for granted.

EDDIE20*

I know it's a back to back but it would be nice if they not let up on the gas tonight. Calgary always gives us trouble.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
No way Carlyle puts in Bernier. If i'm James Reimer, and i don't get the next start after a shutout. I would be pissed off! He can handle a back to back. It's a good test, and he doesn't need the rest. He hasn't played that much this season.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
No way Carlyle puts in Bernier. If i'm James Reimer, and i don't get the next start after a shutout. I would be pissed off! He can handle a back to back. It's a good test, and he doesn't need the rest. He hasn't played that much this season.

Agreed. You definitely play Reimer tonight.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Going to need more than one line producing tonight against a better team, Calgary has been impressive this year.

Want to move up Lupul to the Bolland/Clarkson line.

As good as Mcclement is defensively, he is not a creative player. Lupul's offence is badly needed.

Raymond is good one game bad one game. Drop him down with Ashton and Mcclement.

Bolland Clarkson Lupul should give us some secondary offence.

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
A C team
They're 4-0-2 against the East
7 season drought in Calgary...we need to break it.
Lots of the Nation will be in attendance.

I expect JB to get both remaining games on the trip.

How do you expect JB for both games ? Have you not seem the past 2 games ?
If anything JB starts today, and JR starts on Saturday

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Going to need more than one line producing tonight against a better team, Calgary has been impressive this year.

Want to move up Lupul to the Bolland/Clarkson line.

As good as Mcclement is defensively, he is not a creative player. Lupul's offence is badly needed.

Raymond is good one game bad one game. Drop him down with Ashton and Mcclement.

Bolland Clarkson Lupul should give us some secondary offence.

Definitely agree here. Raymond should be used in a checking role with McClement and Ashton.

Hopefully Carlyle was just playing Lupul in a limited role due to his injury. I just don't like seeing Lupul with McClement at all. Doesn't fit one bit.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Definitely agree here. Raymond should be used in a checking role with McClement and Ashton.

Hopefully Carlyle was just playing Lupul in a limited role due to his injury. I just don't like seeing Lupul with McClement at all. Doesn't fit one bit.

Mcclement has become one of my favorite players, but he simply isn't a producer. I actually felt a bit sorry for Lupul last night. He was trying to create but he was playing with 2 hard working grinders.

Leafs didn't really play that well last night, The Oilers are not a true test. They are a mess.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary had a good start but their not that much better then the Oilers now that they lost Giordano. If we can't win this back to back, then we're not going to stay up there in the standings for long.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
people dont understand the importance of resting goalies
especially before playoffs

and it's not like Bernier is a crappy goalie too
not to bash Ben, which he is playing well in LA

because anyone can play well in LA...
not many can thrive in Toronto, which Reimer has done
sigh people dont know **** and just read stats

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Reimer deserves the start tonight. Plenty of time for either goaltender to rest under a two goalie system.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Reimer deserves the start tonight. Plenty of time for either goaltender to rest under a two goalie system.
What's the point of a two goalie system if you can't actually play two goalies? Not to mention these western trips are difficult on the whole team.

Start Bernier and give Reimer the Saturday game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad