Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs beat New York Islanders 3-1: PG 11 Postgame Talk

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Can't we just keep both bozak and Naz for the rebuild and play marner and Nylander on their wings :)
Really liking both of them this season

I'd definitely keep Bozak. I don't think you'd get a good return for him in a trade. Kadri I might move because I think some teams may like his potential.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
That was a clean game by the Leafs.

Smartly played, no one really had to carry the load on their own.

NHL stats are wrong, Komarov and Rielly assist on Grabner's goal.

kadri tips it before it gets to grabner

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Bernier let more shots hit the post than he made decent saves. Leaf skaters dominated for the most part and easily could have had another 2 or 3 goals without Greiss stepping up and a little luck.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Wow, best I leave this to Lou. Every player in the NHL has talent. Babcock brings out what you used to be and what should have been. Kadri and Bozak were scrap heaps, same for Holland all three were flying tonight.

Now on to that cure for cancer. ..

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Almost collapsed, but, overall, a good win.

Islanders stepped it up in the 3rd., but they were the home team and were behind.

The one shift they had were they dominated the Leafs possession wise in the Leafs zone and really accomplished nothing, and then the Leafs had 2 great scoring chances at the end of that shift. Scoring opportunities > possession in that instance.

Leafs outshoot Islander 38-26, and were well deserving of the win.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Can't we just keep both bozak and Naz for the rebuild and play marner and Nylander on their wings :)
Really liking both of them this season

I wonder if Kadri could play wing?

Kadri - Stamkos - Marner
Komorov - Nylander - Lupul
JVR - Bozak - Holland

If Marner doesn't play in the NHL next year, then someone like Winnik, Leivo, Brown, etc. could play RW.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

Kadri - Stamkos - Marner
JVR - Bozak - Holland

If Marner doesn't play in the NHL next year, then someone like Winnik, Leivo, Brown, etc. could play RW.

no way is jvr ever going to be on the 3rd line at that age lol
i doubt marner would start 1st line as well, lupul will be 3rd line

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock addresses the media following Toronto's 3-1 win over New York on Sunday night.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Babcock on confidence in Bernier: "It’s not about my confidence. If he’s confident I’m confident. If he’s not confident I’m not confident."
9:05 PM - 27 Dec 2015

Jeez, now that is a coach.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Lots of good chances for both teams. Could have easily been a 5-3 game.

Bernier made some great stops, and got lucky with a few. Greiss made even more great stops, and got even luckier too.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
no way is jvr ever going to be on the 3rd line at that age lol
i doubt marner would start 1st line as well, lupul will be 3rd line

I don't know. If he's still around next year, I'd try him on a higher line. I actually wouldn't be against a Holland-Nylander-Lupul 2nd line next year, if all of them are on the Leafs next year.

However Lupul could be traded next year. He's playing well this year, his real dollars go down (5.25 million next year and 3.75 the year after, with no signing bonus) and he's been pretty healthy as well. Teams needing a cheap (in terms of assets) top 6 winger may look at him, and he's already had interest for years apparently.

If we got a 2nd + B prospect/equal pick + cap dump for Lupul + contract dump, I'd be happy.

mikebel111*

That was a clean game by the Leafs.

Smartly played, no one really had to carry the load on their own.

NHL stats are wrong, Komarov and Rielly assist on Grabner's goal.

No actually.
Kadri tipped Rielly's shot. So Kadri and Rielly get the assists

Edit: just saw your new post.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Congrats on Lupul being first star. Just watched high-lights, read the box-score. Looks like he did nothing, but must of made a hell of an impact.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015

Kadri - Stamkos - Marner
JVR - Bozak - Holland

Can't see lupul next year
Personally don't want stamkos either, think we will lose too much in that trade

I think kadri can play great at wing but Nylander or marner will start off playing on his wing
If they keep bozak then we have at least three good to p six in bozak, Naz and Jvr... Nylander marner brown or kapanen can take the other three spots

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
I'd definitely keep Bozak. I don't think you'd get a good return for him in a trade. Kadri I might move because I think some teams may like his potential.

Won't move him unless it's a high first round and a few prospects in return, even then I would hesitate cause we have done this so many times, trade someone only to watch them flourish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad