Post-Game Talk (GBU): Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres 7:00PM ET 2/16/2020

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Skinner was grabbed and spun all the way around bringing the puck out of our end early in the second that led to more zone time for Toronto and they didn’t call that.

Damn refs. Glad we could overcome the obvious fix for Toronto

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I was impressed by the defensive zone structure as a team 5v5 when we were taking alot of pressure after the second goal in the third period. It showed something I haven't seen in a few games. There was a lot of jump in Montour, and Miller tonight. Ristolainen played his best game that I've seen in a while. I finally saw what some posters have been saying about Vesey. If he can do that away from a top six role, then I'd love to keep him at a flexible cap hit. He played really strong in the offensive zone, and was able to cycle the puck and keep chances alive. Who knew, I'd say something positive about f***ing Vesey. Hutton made some stellar plays in traffic. However, I won't go overboard, this was one game against a team playing a back to back. There are still things to tighten up and we need a goddamned second line center. Lazar needs to be re-signed.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Nice win, boys[/QUO

Absolutely.. Great win.. You are right RJ . Jack Eichel is a monster.. Kyle Okposo and VO may be the new forwards we need.. Okposos goal was one of the best of the year . He was that good w the Islanders.

From Hutton to McCabe .. Risto and Lazar w buffalo hockey.. This was easily the best complete game they have played.. All diwn the line up they shut up the obnoxious leaf fans and sent misplaced entitlement packing.

Beautiful

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Jack telling the Leafs fans in the front row to sit down was the highlight of the game. :laugh:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Had to leave for men's hockey midway through the 1st so watched the rest via the archive after. Most energized Sabre game I've seen all season. Almost makes you think we actually have an NHL level roster in place.

Vesey's best game of the season. Why can't he play this way all the time?Sheary, actually productive! Spin and buzz from the rest of the line he was on! Risto hits everything in sight and doesn't make dumb plays. Dahlin activated on D and causing big problems for the Leaf D. KO channeling his inner Cam Nealy. Jack scoring a statement goal and delivering a celly statement afterwards. NO BOGO!!! Kudos to the entire roster.

OK, then. It's Monday morning and time to get back to reality.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Funny how that gets swept under the rug along with his feud with Babcock but Bylsma getting canned is some kind of indictment of Jack’s character to this day.

I don't think we could ever say Jack quit on his coach. Auston though... that question is out there from this season. And yet Jack is the coach killer.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Don't think I've ever enjoyed a Steve Dangle video. The guy is a buffoon and his shtick is so annoying.

Anyways, back to Sabres talk. What the hell are we doing with Skinner? Like for real?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I thought the dangle video was hilarious. Some fun chirps, watching the tears ofbour enemies, all good stuff.

But it really makes me nostalgic for when we were truly good in the last 15 years. I want 05-07 so goddamn bad. For nights like last night to be the norm.

Hope is the biggest trick of all.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad