GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs (48-25-7) @ New Jersey Devils (43-28-9) | 7:00 PM ET | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
The Leafs were in this position last year-trying to clinch with a few games to go.Bet the Devils will be gripping their sticks in the first period, need a strong forecheck to put them away.
Back in 2007 the Leafs missed the playoffs because the Devils couldn't beat the Islanders in a shootout... We don't forget! Let's kill em!!! :wedgie:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Sorry for jumping in.
Firstly I think of it as you do, but it was explained to me that some people judge their team by measuring them in various ways against the other teams in the league. I've never understood it unless it's a head to head comparison in games played against each other, not team records :dunno:

me either.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I totally agree but people are intitiled to their opinions

they are. but i i guess i'm just frustrated that people (especially our own fans) love ripping the achievements that our team has and diminishing it. Good for Vegas (legitimately) for being really really good. that doesn't, and shouldn't take away from what the Leafs did. (and is doing).

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Whatever is going on, I can only say one thing...let's have a good game :).

We've made the playoffs so let's see some solid performances before we jump into it!

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
We certainly are the Cubs of the NHL, aren't we.

I, for one, am happy that I was born in '87, and did not have to live through a lot of those crappy years. Explains the self-loathing of the more...vintage members of the fanbase.
At least the cubs can win a playoff round.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Back in 2007 the Leafs missed the playoffs because the Devils couldn't beat the Islanders in a shootout... We don't forget! Let's kill em!!! :wedgie:
Oh f*** I totally forgot about that. They played a shitty backup over Brodeur and it went to SO, clearly the difference. Let's get payback

Reactions: supermann_98

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
I want the Leafs to come out flying tonight as if they are playing for a playoff spot. I hate Jersey, and I want them to lose and wanna see their fans suffer.

Let them come close and then score the GWG in the last second. Let's do it.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Komarov being in over Johnsson makes me nauseous. The Matthews PP unit was good for a change with Johnson. Now it will go back to being less productive at scoring goals then the average team's PK unit.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
helloooooo leaf nation

thanks for beating the cats last time

please let us win tonight. thanks!
latest

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I am thinking further back to the 2 playoff series against them in the early 2000s, so that's why I always want to stick it to them whenever possible. I feel bad though, because their fans seem to be nice to us.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
What astonishes me is that Leafs have been around for 100 years and need a single point to set a new franchise mark of 104 points/season.

Yet Las Vegas, a team made up of castoffs and misfits in their expansion inaugural season already have 109 points with 2 games to go.

Interesting.... may be if we had Barzal instead of Marner we would have matched VGK or surpassed them....

:sarcasm:

But can barzal create "Magic" ? :naughty:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
they are. but i i guess i'm just frustrated that people (especially our own fans) love ripping the achievements that our team has and diminishing it. Good for Vegas (legitimately) for being really really good. that doesn't, and shouldn't take away from what the Leafs did. (and is doing).
That is valid and salient.
I think it might be some people are glass half full and some are glass half empty people.
That said I am one that is enjoying every milestone set and game played of the new regime.
Go Leafs go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad