Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Laughs all the way to the bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Gardiner...
Thanks for those screen shots, exactly what I thought I saw.

What was Gardiner doing?

Of course, he makes two good passes on the power play and tick tack toe it's in the net.

What was interesting to me, was that was the 4th line that undressed Gardiner. Like he did not expect that could happen. Not only once, but twice! Like, what the heck?!

That line was strong for Edmonton, but they were also victimized on Martin's goal when 5 ft from the blue they could not clear the zone stopped by Nylander. Then later in the game, that same 4th line for Edmonton has an odd man rush with no Leafs forward in sight a 4 on 2 - which inevitably ended with the 4th line passing the puck into the corner.

:joker: <---Leafs!

:facepalm: <--- Oilers.
:damnpc: <--- more Oilers!

Reactions: BVG

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Nazem Kadri the official Owner of the Edmonton Oilers and rightful Father of Connor McDavid

- Connor, I am your father.
- No. No! That’s not true! That’s impossible!
- Search your feelings; you know it to be true!
- NOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!!

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for those screen shots, exactly what I thought I saw.

What was Gardiner doing?

Of course, he makes two good passes on the power play and tick tack toe it's in the net.

What was interesting to me, was that was the 4th line that undressed Gardiner. Like he did not expect that could happen. Not only once, but twice! Like, what the heck?!

That line was strong for Edmonton, but they were also victimized on Martin's goal when 5 ft from the blue they could not clear the zone stopped by Nylander. Then later in the game, that same 4th line for Edmonton has an odd man rush with no Leafs forward in sight a 4 on 2 - which inevitably ended with the 4th line passing the puck into the corner.

:joker: p>

:facepalm: p>
:damnpc:

Gardiner is probably our worst defensive defensman we have. For that second goal, even though he left his man in front of the net...if he wanted to block the pass all he had to do was drop to his knee to make more of a wall and the puck would have likely hit him.

But being the abosolute irresponsible idiot that he is, he does this standing thing (which he always does) because he wants to be on his feet if the puck hits him so he can think offense and skate it out or make a quick outlet pass.

It's his whole idiotic "offense first" mentality that needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad