Friedman: Toronto looking to add to their d.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
He can, the Leafs just won't receive the full benefit from his entire cap hit if he goes on prior.

He finished last season healthy on the active roster, hasn't had any sort of offseason injury or surgery, and reports have him skating and working out this summer.

It'd be a tough sell to LTIR him before he actually gets injured. Maybe that'll be Reaves first job... drive up to Thunder Bay in August with a bat...

Stone and Kucherov had major surgeries prior to being LTIRed. Were they kept on LTIR for longer than they needed to be? Probably. Almost certainly, actually. But those were very different situations. They were injured.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
He finished last season healthy on the active roster, hasn't had any sort of offseason injury or surgery, and reports have him skating and working out this summer.

It'd be a tough sell to LTIR him before he actually gets injured.
Correct, I misunderstood your reasoning of why he couldn't.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
His -78 in his last 4 seasons doesn't scare you off?

Mind you, he had 64 points on the PP during that lapse of time.

I'd like to see him first before I get too scared off. 1 year deal either way.

I've seen otherwise mediocre/bad players rejuvenate their careers with our forward group, almost everyone leaves here richer. We will see how it goes.

Would Leafs do Nylander for Matheson swap?
?

Is this serious?

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Well this is fun news, I have been waiting for them to try this D thing out for years and years.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
So sign Klingberg and Murray for 9 million and then trade Nylander to help the D?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
how about TJ brodie matt Murray jake muzzin and 2024 1st (should be really late) for connor murphy.

they save Tor gets a younger RD that has some term. and get rid or Murray and LTIR muzzin (not a huge help but it does help to not have to do off season LTIR.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
i wonder if theyre crazy enough to do something around nylander for karlsson.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad