Friedman: Toronto isn't done at all.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
I cant imagine anyone being against ROR to leafs... maybe the price potentially , or maybe fans were hesitant due to his down number(for his standards).

Even nuetral fans and leaf haters can agree that RoR should be a good fit for toronto.

Def interested to see what else Dubas can do... glad to see hes going all in for a playoff run.
They were for all the reasons stated above.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Mar 12, 2009
Looks like boston just got Orlov and hathaway,Dubas really needs to go all in now
IMO the Boston trade should speed up Dubas's process. He got O'Rielly early to avoid losing out on all the good players by waiting, this move could lead to dominoe's on the remaining quality guys. Gotta get while the getting is still good.

Reactions: Takurcitee

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Toronto doesn't have the asset to add another significant piece.

If they make another move it'll likely just be depth, quite honestly I don't think they have the goaltending to beat Tampa either.
I think they can make some minor to middle type moves, prob involves moving kerfoot

I would still keep knies but trading sandin for upgrade and 2024 1st and other prospects should be in play
yep they still have pieces they can use to make more moves, they can still dump off kerfoot to help improve roster

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I think they can make some minor to middle type moves, prob involves moving kerfoot

yep they still have pieces they can use to make more moves, they can still dump off kerfoot to help improve roster

I guess it depends on your definition of middle.

I'm not anticipating anything other than a minor move, possibly two very small ones.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I cant imagine anyone being against ROR to leafs... maybe the price potentially , or maybe fans were hesitant due to his down number(for his standards).

Even nuetral fans and leaf haters can agree that RoR should be a good fit for toronto.

Def interested to see what else Dubas can do... glad to see hes going all in for a playoff run.

He doesn't really have a choice, he doesn't have a contract beyond this year, neither does Keefe, Matthews needs an extension this is ALL IN time.

Toronto doesn't have the assets to add another significant piece, they made their big addition.

If they make another move it'll likely just be depth. Quite honestly I don't think they have the goaltending to beat Tampa either.

Not true, they didn't touch their top prospects, and they still have their 2024 and 2025 1st.

If they want to make another big move they can.

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
CarolinaNew Jersey haven’t even added anything yet I wonder if East teams realize there’s only one Stanley Cup this year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Bruins "your move" to toronto

Wouldn't it be "your move Tampa"?

Think about it.

Toronto gets ROR and Acciari

Boston gets Orlov and Hathaway

and if you want to extend it to the east as a whole to NYR get Tarasenko and Mikkola and the NYI get Horvat.

To me Tampa needs to respond

Reactions: uncleben

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wouldn't it be "your move Tampa"?

Think about it.

Toronto gets ROR and Acciari

Boston gets Orlov and Hathaway

and if you want to extend it to the east as a whole to NYR get Tarasenko and Mikkola and the NYI get Horvat.

To me Tampa needs to respond

While true, I still think Toronto needs to respond. Maybe a little more depth. Nothing crazy…. But if they want to go all in on chychrun I’m all for it.

Tampa I imagine will be buying soon too, and possibly devils

Reactions: Marner4Life

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Toronto doesn't have the assets to add another significant piece, they made their big addition.

If they make another move it'll likely just be depth. Quite honestly I don't think they have the goaltending to beat Tampa either.

they have the assets to get pretty much anyone who is on the block... what are you talking about?

While true, I still think Toronto needs to respond. Maybe a little more depth. Nothing crazy…. But if they want to go all in on chychrun I’m all for it.

Depth where? Their 4th line may end up being Engvall - Kampf - Kerfoot... which was the shutdown line for a few weeks and was doing REALLY well... 55% xGF while taking the hardest matchups.

If they are going to do anything, they should swing big and go for an impact player.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Cant trade the generation prospect Knies. :sarcasm:
They don't want to trade Knies - a good prospect, but not generational for a rental, but they might. They didn't want to trade their first rounder either, but it was RoR .

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
they have the assets to get pretty much anyone who is on the block... what are you talking about?

Depth where? Their 4th line may end up being Engvall - Kampf - Kerfoot... which was the shutdown line for a few weeks and was doing REALLY well... 55% xGF while taking the hardest matchups.

If they are going to do anything, they should swing big and go for an impact player.

They literally have 3 picks in this years Draft, and are extremely unlikely to include Knies in a deal.

What does that leave, trading next years first as well? They'll also need to move cap on top of it.

I just don't see it happening, but you can dream.

Blaylock38

Bleeds Blue & White
Jul 7, 2010
Hamilton

They do have the assets to get something done, Its just they would be left with nothing, it would decimate their prospect pool but if it is a player with term, I could see them doing something

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
They do have the assets to get something done, Its just they would be left with nothing, it would decimate their prospect pool but if it is a player with term, I could see them doing something

But that's the point, technically just about any team has quality assets worth moving, but realistically who out there is worth decimating the slim pickings in terms of prospects/picks they have left?

It's not realistic to me, they make another significant move, they'll completely empty their cupboard and go into the playoffs to play Vasy and the Bolts, and God forbid they win a playoff round, then meet Boston and round.

All of this with Samsonov likely in nets lol

Last edited:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don’t think Orlov plays the side Toronto needs, but I prefer the Boston trade.

Toronto needs a dman and someone to stop pucks now…Tampa and Boston have a much more rounded lineup

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I think Toronto is going to respond but I don't know that it needs to be crazy, don't get it twisted, if want to go get Chychrun you go right ahead and do that I'm ALL for that.

But at the same time I think a guy like Max Domi would be a sneaky good move.

Because Keefe said after the last game that Tavares is eventually going back to center, which probably means ROR is probably going back to center at some point, which is the reason I wanted him here because the thought of Matthews Tavares and ROR down the middle is hilarious and is an actual option.

But imagine if you could slide Domi or JVR, or Henrique, or Nyquivst, or Barbashev beside him, you would have 3 scoring lines.

And baring an absolute collapse by the Bruins you are playing Tampa you might want 3 scoring lines.

And even IF Boston went cold and went say on a 2-8 skid in their next 10 and Toronto got hot and went 9-1 or even 10-0 and caught them, even if that DID happen You're still playing Boston or Tampa in round 2 you might want 3 scoring lines regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad