Friedman: Toronto isn't done at all.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Depends entirely on what Washington needs, we could just trade Kerfoot for picks (probably something along the lines of 2nd and a 4th) + Hirvonen?
Value seems close for Hathaway.
I’m starting to think we hold out until the deadline to trade or extend a lot of the UFA

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I did notice he had started over 80% of his shifts this season from the D-zone, which is a ridiculous amount. How are his puck skills?

What is the price separately for Jensen?
We paid a 2nd and a prospect to get him from the Wings when he was an unknown. I would think he has more value now after playing top pairing for years

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
We paid a 2nd and a prospect to get him from the Wings when he was an unknown. I would think he has more value now after playing top pairing for years
That does make sense. We'd have to liquidate more assets than Kerfoot then to make it happen, which I don't know if GMKD would do, as it could mess with the locker room.

Interesting player nonetheless.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What can you offer for them? You don’t seem to have much left right now. Definitely open to moving them but would be best not to package them to a team without many picks.

The 24 1st might land Hathaway if we taking futures that far away.

Imagine thinking Hathaway is worth a 1st round pick

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Imagine thinking Hathaway is worth a 1st round pick
It’s whatever the highest bid is. I don’t really care who it’s from. If the leafs spare change offer is the best then good luck with Hathaway.

A 2nd and a 4th I would probably take and wish you the best of luck Vs Tampa

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s whatever the highest bid is. I don’t really care who it’s from. If the leafs spare change offer is the best then good luck with Hathaway.

A 2nd and a 4th I would probably take and wish you the best of luck Vs Tampa

Nothing is impossible but a 2nd and 4th for Hathaway? Maybe a 3rd and 6th rounder is what he returns. Wingers are not sought after as much as centers and defensemen.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Korpisalo is the one that knocked them out in the COVID year. Probably his last year in Columbus assuming they wanna see what Tarasov can do.

There's a few guys in Columbus that make sense.

I trust Samsonov more than any goalie available. Main boards would never admit he could get it done anyways. Every person is unproven until they aren't.

Not to mention Murray if healthy is better than anyone available. He's won 2 cups.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
That statement was odd to me, as much as I have been driving the Luke Schenn bus, and I have been for months, at the same time let's be serious here, It's Luke Schenn we aren't talking about a future 1st round pick or top prospect It's not 2012 he's not that dude anymore.

To be fair, the Leafs have more 1sts available than later round picks. They don't have a 2nd or 4th in this draft and their 3rd is locked up in a condition and they don't have a 2nd or 3rd in next year's draft. The Schenn hype train has been a little wild but I think the Canucks will do better than a 2023 5th or 2024 4th. I could see something like a late 2nd for Schenn + a 4th back. Or a 3rd straight up.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I love it leafs fans have fallen in love with ror. Just like all blues fans said they would. We told you sooooooooo.
Pretty sure on page 1 of the ROR trade thread from months back you'll find a post of mine in favour of it.

I don't think you appreciate the numbers involved when you make blanket statements like that.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Pretty sure on page 1 of the ROR trade thread from months back you'll find a post of mine in favour of it.

I don't think you appreciate the numbers involved when you make blanket statements like that.
I don't think you realize the number of people who were completely against it and have been particularly quiet right now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I cant imagine anyone being against ROR to leafs... maybe the price potentially , or maybe fans were hesitant due to his down number(for his standards).

Even nuetral fans and leaf haters can agree that RoR should be a good fit for toronto.

Def interested to see what else Dubas can do... glad to see hes going all in for a playoff run.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
we literally hear this every year and then it ends up being like some AHL fodder swap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad