Friedman: Toronto isn't done at all.

Blaylock38

Bleeds Blue & White
Jul 7, 2010
Hamilton
But that's the point, technically just about any team has quality assets worth moving, but realistically who out there is worth decimating the slim pickings in terms of prospects/picks they have left?

It's not realistic to me, they make another significant move, they'll completely empty their cupboard and go into the playoffs to play Vasy and the Bolts, and God forbid they win a playoff round, then meet Boston and round.

All of this with Samsonov likely in nets lol
I agree with your assessment man, I just feel like Dubas being on the hot seat, final year, he might go Alex Anthopolous styles and go after someone to help put them over the top in their belief, or maybe a player (Chych) they target that they feel might help in their efforts to resign Matthews, or a player that they might feel could be a better fit on the wing than we already have when ROR moves to centre . I usually don't want them to empty the cupboards but we are running out time with AM. But the spending would have to be responsible, no deals for depth for the sake of deals. I do think we can make offseason deals to recoup assets, it just really depends on the outcome of this postseason.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Well if we can't even afford Luke Schenn I doubt whatever the move may be is honestly worth discussing.

Knies, Robertson etc are worth far more than Schenn.

You don't have the draft picks that align with what the Canucks want, thus, you are looking to trade better assets (prospects) for better players (TBD)

The Wayner

Feb 12, 2009
Mrs. Sauga
I think Toronto is going to respond but I don't know that it needs to be crazy, don't get it twisted, if want to go get Chychrun you go right ahead and do that I'm ALL for that.

But at the same time I think a guy like Max Domi would be a sneaky good move.

Because Keefe said after the last game that Tavares is eventually going back to center, which probably means ROR is probably going back to center at some point, which is the reason I wanted him here because the thought of Matthews Tavares and ROR down the middle is hilarious and is an actual option.

But imagine if you could slide Domi or JVR, or Henrique, or Nyquivst, or Barbashev beside him, you would have 3 scoring lines.

And baring an absolute collapse by the Bruins you are playing Tampa you might want 3 scoring lines.

And even IF Boston went cold and went say on a 2-8 skid in their next 10 and Toronto got hot and went 9-1 or even 10-0 and caught them, even if that DID happen You're still playing Boston or Tampa in round 2 you might want 3 scoring lines regardless.
I agree. Furthermore the argument that they don't have the assets to do anything significant, or they are sacrificing the future to do so doesn't make any sense. They absolutely can make a significant move with Muzzin confirmed done for the year, and Dubas pulling off a retention for picks move that NOBODY saw coming (including the all-seeing HFB arm chair GMs), says it can be done. Who cares about picks for one year when you have a great farm system already in place and a chance to win now. They are definitely making another impact move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad