Toronto (GTA) : where can I watch Jets games?

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I don't really like bumping threads this old but I'll be assisting a startup at YYZ for the first few weeks of October (hope to be back for the home opener). Anyway does anyone have any suggestions on where to catch the Jets games around the airport?

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
I don't really like bumping threads this old but I'll be assisting a startup at YYZ for the first few weeks of October (hope to be back for the home opener). Anyway does anyone have any suggestions on where to catch the Jets games around the airport?

This is a tough one, as there aren't many decent bars around YYZ, you can try Jack Astors - it's a Earls type sports bar. They may not be showing the game, but would prob be willing to switch the channel if the Leafs or Blue Jays [I hope!] aren't playing.

Address: 25 Carlson Ct, Toronto, ON M9W 6A2 [5 min drive from the airport]

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
There is a bar called "Motel" in Parkdale. It's full of ex-Winnipegers and they play the games with sound.

he's looking for a bar near the hotel/airport, another option is take the 192 Airport Rocket to the Kipling Subway station and then take the subway.

192 route to Subway to Dufferin station, then bus 29.

Not sure he wants to commute 1 hr each way :)

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah I'd be all over the Motel if I was staying a bit closer. I know some good spots in the Burlington area as well but again, not really accessible without a vehicle. I'll have to do some searching and calling around I guess.

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Yeah I'd be all over the Motel if I was staying a bit closer. I know some good spots in the Burlington area as well but again, not really accessible without a vehicle. I'll have to do some searching and calling around I guess.

Just avoid Arizona Bar and Grill.

Jack Astors is the best in the area, good food.

FYI I live 12 mins from the Airport and know the area well if you need anything PM me.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
again, unless you want to watch a game on a small screen while 99% of the rest of the bar watches the Leafs game, there is little to no reason to go to RealSports.

that is, unless you like overpriced mediocre food and 100 taps of so-so beer. and hot waitresses

I don't disagree with your assesment.

OT Moment

Coles notes reviews from the Freep:

If you sent Marion Warhaft out to review RSB she would give them 1/2 star out of 5 at best (maybe zero)

If you sent Martin Cash out to do the review on their business it would get 5 out of 5.

Similar to the Cheesecake factory in the States. Foodies are not going to dig it but investors love the $1000 sales per square foot that their chain averages (insane number for a multi unit operator).

Now back on topic. For a Jets game in Toronto it all depends on what you would want I guess. I would go to "Motel" in Parkdale based on what I have read here!! :handclap::handclap:

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Looks like I'm staying at the Sandman and there is a Moxies there so hopefully they have Center Ice. I'll head to the bar as soon as I get in tomorrow and check. If not it looks like I'm stumbling distance to Jack Astor's so that will be my fall back (literally) :)

GmC

Jul 23, 2010
Any Jets fans in TO watching the playoffs ? Funny enough, I'm there again for work during games 1 and 2. Is Hotel bar on Queen West still open?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad