Toronto (GTA) : where can I watch Jets games?

GmC

Jul 23, 2010
I'm going to be in Toronto this week and will actually be catching the Jets at the Leafs in the ACC. However I'm looking for a place that will carry the Pens vs. Jets on Thursday April 3rd. Anyone know of a place that might be showing it? Its a TSN-Jets broadcast.

I'm thinking Real Sports Bar might be my best choice.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think it'll be tough, unless you find a small sports bar with Centre Ice who's willing to put the Jets game on. I've not looked for a bar that would show the Jets game, but I can't see it being easy to find either. Maybe call a few sports bars (like the Real Sports Bar you mentioned) and ask them if they'll throw it on for you? :dunno:

Could always take a laptop or tablet to the bar, and watch it via GameCenter.

Aela*

I imagine Gretzky's would have it, I think they had the Knights game on last time I was there so wouldn't be unreasonable to see them have an actual NHL game lol.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
Real Sports Bar next to the Air Canada Centre will have it. Great atmosphere, food and drinks. Just reserve your booth and they can play any game on your personal TV in your booth. I was able to watch a Jets game despite a Leafs game being on at the same time. Enjoy!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i'm crying a thousand tears at some of these suggestions.
Gretzky's is horrible. just...don't.
Jack Astors? sure, if you have little shame.

There is a shark club now in toronto. no clue what it's like, but its location tells you all you need to know. Dundas Square aka ********* central.

RealSports - don't trust those guys. good chance they won't show it on the big screen, but will show it on the smaller screen. you can call them, but they've told me before that they're showing something on the big screen just to get you in the door.

in the end, it is a moot point. leafs are playing that night. they could be in 29th place in the league and an epic match could be televised for another 2 teams and bars wouldn't show the other game. Motel is probably your 1 and only option.

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Just spoke to a few buds of mine, all ex-peggers, they're heading to Real Sports that night.

Also many peggers hit up Earls on King Street before the game.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
Hoops (yonge and college) will put it on a secondary tv for you if you ask; the 2 big screens will be showing the Blue and White. You will be the only one watching it.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Just spoke to a few buds of mine, all ex-peggers, they're heading to Real Sports that night.

Also many peggers hit up Earls on King Street before the game.

again, unless you want to watch a game on a small screen while 99% of the rest of the bar watches the Leafs game, there is little to no reason to go to RealSports.

that is, unless you like overpriced mediocre food and 100 taps of so-so beer. and hot waitresses

Che vy Teemuchuk

May 31, 2011
John Labatt Centre
lol Hannu I agree completely. But if its like the Jack Astors here in London they will absolutely put it on a tv that is convenient for u. U will get the game no matter how many Leafs fans r present. But ya you'll get overpriced bad food and a server who isn't hot enough to offer the low quality of service provided. I could name better spots in London from local knowledge but i don't have enough first hand knowledge of TDot.

DavefromStVital

Apr 2, 2014
Yonge and Davisville
Watching Jets games is never a problem at any half-decent sports bar. In the last couple of months I have done so at several places nearby (e.g. McSorley's, St. Louis Wings, Bull and Firkin, etc.) Yes, if the Leafs are playing they will be on the main screen(s) and you will be stuck with a secondary screen, but it's better than nothing. I have done the same in many other cities without issue.

Of course I don't mind being the only one watching my game. If you want to meet other Jets fans your options are more limited as noted above. Please note that Thursday tends to be Bay Street meet and mingle night at the downtown earl's so it can be an interesting dynamic between hockey fans and suits on the prowl.

GmC

Jul 23, 2010
Watching Jets games is never a problem at any half-decent sports bar. In the last couple of months I have done so at several places nearby (e.g. McSorley's, St. Louis Wings, Bull and Firkin, etc.) Yes, if the Leafs are playing they will be on the main screen(s) and you will be stuck with a secondary screen, but it's better than nothing. I have done the same in many other cities without issue.

Of course I don't mind being the only one watching my game. If you want to meet other Jets fans your options are more limited as noted above. Please note that Thursday tends to be Bay Street meet and mingle night at the downtown earl's so it can be an interesting dynamic between hockey fans and suits on the prowl.

I think my only option is Real Sports Bar as after my meetings I'm still on Bay St for an early dinner. In my suit still so I guess i'll be doing double duty of being on the prowl & watching the game

Thanks for the tip regarding Earls before the game! May just do that!

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Watching Jets games is never a problem at any half-decent sports bar. In the last couple of months I have done so at several places nearby (e.g. McSorley's, St. Louis Wings, Bull and Firkin, etc.)

That's cool man. Judging by the places you mentioned you were in the Yonge and Davisville area? I used to work in the building where the Bull is. ****** little place, but I went there so much I have a soft spot for it.

DavefromStVital

Apr 2, 2014
Yonge and Davisville
Small world re: the Bull. They actually had an extensive reno over a year ago and it is now a much nicer place.

I have a hunch a number of Jets fans will be at earl's downtown before Saturday's game. If you are interested, remember to go left to the bar side once you enter. The last time the Jets were in town I actually ran into one of the female St. Louis Wings bartenders cruising for suits. :)

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
You mean Danny? Do you know if he actually hangs out there too? His older brother is a lifelong friend of mine, and I can still remember his mom's cooking, but I bet I haven't seen him in 15 years. I might just pop in next time I'm in Toronto!

Yeah, that's the place that The Watchmen's lead singer owns. One of those hipster bars trying to look divey. :)

EDIT: They show all Jets games according to their Twitter. Cool.

https://twitter.com/motelparkdale

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
You mean Danny? Do you know if he actually hangs out there too? His older brother is a lifelong friend of mine, and I can still remember his mom's cooking, but I bet I haven't seen him in 15 years. I might just pop in next time I'm in Toronto!

yeah, it's danny.
he owns the bar, so he's there almost all the time.
and i'm also betting my mom taught you in grade 6. :)

GmC

Jul 23, 2010
Thanks for all the tips guys, tried Real Sports Bar after my work dinner, no chance as it was rammed. Had to be able to get a seat in order to change the channel. I walked to Earls, Nada. Finally I jumped on a streetcar for 20 mins & made it to Motel Bar. Caught the 2nd period onwards. Everyone in there was friendly & even bumped into someone I kknew.For future reference, just start here!

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
yeah, it's danny.
he owns the bar, so he's there almost all the time.
and i'm also betting my mom taught you in grade 6. :)

I have a feeling you've got the wrong guy, but it's possible? I was definitely a memorable student, especially in grade 6, but I'm quite a few years younger than DG and DG. PM me about it if you like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad