Proposal: Toronto-Florida

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Scrambled brains for no heart.

TO says no thank you.
Eh, I'd pick the guy who had some concussion problems over a player with no heart. One of these is a character trait, other one is not.

Also makes no sense anyway for Florida.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Tippett has an unreal shot and outstanding vision. I don't think Florida should let him go.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Guys, Lili didn't play well at all during the pre-season, thus why he is in the proposition.

It's a classic Leafs trade proposal of the piece they don't want anymore for way better pieces.

Yeah like Owen Tippet has done anything lol.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
So...OP's a Leafs' fan who wants those 2 Panthers players and never once looked at Florida's depth chart for even a second...am I close?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
So its Nylander for Ekblad and two prospects who have very little, if any, NHL experience. I think it's closer than people give it credit for but if I'm Florida I'm saying no simply based on the fact that they cant afford to move Ekblad without getting a replacement in return who can take Ekblads spot. I've always liked Ekblad and still think he can be a #1 in time which is another reason not to move him. I also think Nylander should be a center, so it's not like you'd be locked in to a guy who strictly plays wing and nothing more.

Taurrax

Jun 20, 2019
Guys, Lili didn't play well at all during the pre-season, thus why he is in the proposition.

It's a classic Leafs trade proposal of the piece they don't want anymore for way better pieces.
He's only 20 years old and he didn't look terrible in preseason. He's just become more expendable with Sandin making the big club.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

Yeah no, the fla package is not way better, he'll I'd rather William than that package.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Honestly, this is not just Toronto fans though. For instance our fans do this constantly.

Everyone does it, across fanbases, across sports. It's a cognitive bias. People who try to pin it as being unique to one fanbase or another either lack any self-awareness, or are just trying to keep the guns pointed in the right direction, in which case they're just playing a boring game.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Some of you folks are going to look beyond stupid on Liljegren.

Reactions: Lemontree

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Might be something more like Nylander+Ceci for Ekblad+Sceviour but....Florida still says no.

For all the reasons people highlighted already, I don't think Florida can take the hit at RD.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Its not terrible but if I’m Florida I pass pretty easily because Ekblad is better and more important than Nylander and Florida needs depth on D not forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad