Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Vasquez was always thinking three steps ahead of everyone else on the field. He was a huge loss. I'm not sure Piatti can be that type of player. But we might not need him to be, playing off of POZ.
Vaz was a HUGE loss. Da guy had creativity with ball and passing. 3 steps ahead. We never recovered that midfield skill.

Altidore is a finisher. Poz is a tweener. Bradley is on decline - he can't ball hog like he used to.

This new guy is a fly down wing guy who wins by outspeeding and out powering bigger defenders on wing for ball. then skilled enough to make a touch pass for a goal. or he can make a power move to net to strike. Without his speed and power he may not help us out much. If he comes back to old form then we are gonna see magic every game.

Reactions: al secord

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Vaz was a HUGE loss. Da guy had creativity with ball and passing. 3 steps ahead. We never recovered that midfield skill.
Poz's distribution has been a fine replacement. We are just missing consistent goal threats now that Seba is gone and Altidore's health continues to dwindle.

Schaffelburg, Endoh, Mullins, Gallardo were not consistent attacking threats. Piatti should help that and convert more of Poz's created chances.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Poz's distribution has been a fine replacement. We are just missing consistent goal threats now that Seba is gone and Altidore's health continues to dwindle.

Schaffelburg, Endoh, Mullins, Gallardo were not consistent attacking threats. Piatti should help that and convert more of Poz's created chances.
I'm most interested to see how they play off of each other.

I'm still nervous about the D.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm most interested to see how they play off of each other.

I'm still nervous about the D.

Should be fun! Especially with a healthy Jozy and the underrated Oso in the mix as well.

Nervous about the D? Won't matter if we are scoring 3 goals a game :p

Reactions: al secord

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Achara underwent successful surgery today to repair his ACL. Hoping for a swift recovery for him!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Under the circumstances, I was impressed with quality of the MLS broadcast last night. It was very creative with the camera angles, and instead of fake crowd noise, the natural sounds of the game were amplified. They also had various fans viewing the match from their homes being shown on the big screen.

Overall, it was very enjoyable for the first live sporting event I've watched in several months.

Looking forward to Sunday!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Under the circumstances, I was impressed with quality of the MLS broadcast last night. It was very creative with the camera angles, and instead of fake crowd noise, the natural sounds of the game were amplified. They also had various fans viewing the match from their homes being shown on the big screen.

Overall, it was very enjoyable for the first live sporting event I've watched in several months.

Looking forward to Sunday!
A little easier for them to nail it first time, they have had all the European games to draw on over the past month and a bit.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This is very unfortunate. I'm obviously very disappointed, but there are much bigger issues at play. Fingers crossed that this situation gets sorted out and is under control.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Some encouraging reports this afternoon that both players had false positives and have tested negative since then. The match might be played tomorrow morning.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
As a consequence of that move....the Montreal Gazette is reporting that the Impact's game against TFC has been pushed back to Thursday evening at 8pm. And, yes, the DC United game will be played tomorrow morning at 9am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad