Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
What a mess of a night at BMO tonight! The B team getting the job done though with ease.

The Canadian Championship is so much more interesting with the new teams and format... yes, generally speaking the same few teams will win but so what at least its more of an actaul cup now rather than a simple semi and a final.

Kudos to anyone who attended that game in that absolute downpour.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
What a mess of a night at BMO tonight! The B team getting the job done though with ease.

The Canadian Championship is so much more interesting with the new teams and format... yes, generally speaking the same few teams will win but so what at least its more of an actaul cup now rather than a simple semi and a final.

Kudos to anyone who attended that game in that absolute downpour.

Fun to watch for the fans!

Definitely not the B team though. Pretty much the strongest starting 11 we could have put together last night.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
If Gio is actually coming back that would be huge for this team. 34 isnt old for a striker especially in the MLS. Look at some players that have played at a high level at that age and beyond in much stronger leagues like EPL, La Liga and Serie A.

He will have an impact on this team and might give them the push they need to qualify for the playoffs. After that it is fair game. Remember the ball is round!!!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Fun to watch for the fans!

Definitely not the B team though. Pretty much the strongest starting 11 we could have put together last night.

Just because it was the stongest we could have put on the pitch, doesn't mean it was A level ;-) But I get your point... Either way, the result was what was expected and needed.

Reactions: Joufreau

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Got to think the story will be majorly different next season. For starters, the team will have a better start than what Armas provided and Soteldo is starting to find his stride. With some improvement to the backline this team could be really solid next year.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Is it just me or is Soteldo not very impressive? I just find him so one dimensional. Can attack from the flank and that's about it. Small flashes of quality sometimes. Not doing well in that role up top, can't hold the ball up long enough for other to catch up. I just come away underwhelmed every time I see him play and think his DP role would be best used on another player.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
canada playing f***ing amazing right now, made one mistake..but we could have 3 goals at the half tbh.
i will take this draw in the 1st half without a doubt

edit: didnt see a seperate thread so thought this post prob belonged here

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
canada playing f***ing amazing right now, made one mistake..but we could have 3 goals at the half tbh.
i will take this draw in the 1st half without a doubt

edit: didnt see a seperate thread so thought this post prob belonged here
A point out of this game would be incredible. With that said, they should be up 3-1 right now!

Where is Larin tonight?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
No Buchanan, Laryea or Vitoria on Sunday against Jamaica. Anyone know if any of the guys that missed tonight (Hoillet, Hutchinson and Larin) will be available for Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad