Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Jozy calling for the league to do something about the on going situation in the US (and beyond). Probably some boycotts coming.

Reactions: Duffman955

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Dominant performance tonight in Montreal. We're on top of the Eastern Conference and one step closer to qualifying for the Champions League.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Would be brutally embarrassing to miss out on the Can Championship at this point, especially after that terrible penalty may have cost us valuable points..

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Would be brutally embarrassing to miss out on the Can Championship at this point, especially after that terrible penalty may have cost us valuable points..

Head to head should be the first tie breaker, which would see TFC advance. Unfortunately, it's not in there at all.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Mavinga with a pretty terrible half, but I swear that Vanney comes up with some of the worst game plans/tactics I've ever seen.

Reactions: al secord

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The local authorities in Hartford are working with the club to allow fans into the games at Pratt & Whitney Field and it looks like it will happen. The stadium is roughly 42k capacity and I think they can now let in 50% (was 25% but that just changed) but there's no way they get more than 5k. The local USL side plays at a 5,000 stadium and let in 1,250 every match and have had no issues.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I was thinking last night that we look like a team that wants some MLS Cup revenge. Last time the team looked like this they were near unstoppable!
Yes too bad we can't go down to BMO field and watch. The weather was perfect yesterday. and can't even drive down to Hartford with border restrictions either. More fun watching live in supporters section for me. Love da hooligans. Sucks we got a great team again and we miss out due to cOVID.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yes too bad we can't go down to BMO field and watch. The weather was perfect yesterday. and can't even drive down to Hartford with border restrictions either. More fun watching live in supporters section for me. Love da hooligans. Sucks we got a great team again and we miss out due to cOVID.
Yeah being live is much better for all sports, but especially for Footie. The supporters culture is trumped by none for me.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Sitting in 1st after todays games. Impressive.
Despite falling behind, they are sticking with the game plan and are looking dominant with superb ball control.
Altidore left with a minor injury (leg).

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Another big comeback victory for the Reds.

Looks like Altidore will miss some games again, but Akinola can step in and do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad