Proposal: Toronto - Detroit

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
As a wings fan Detroit doesnt really need more wingers, even though Kapanen is good. I look at it as a 2nd for Glendening (which is probably right around his value) so then its Hronek for Kapanen straight up. The wings need D and Hronek is a top(ish) D prospect and they dont really need wingers. But I think Kapanens value is probably a little higher than Hroneks.

Value wise it might make sense but I'm not sure it makes sense for either team. Kapanen could be used to acquire a more proven, ready Dman and the wings need D not wingers. Hronek is the calibre of prospect that could end up worth it for Kapanen but obviously hes more of a question mark

Reactions: SirloinUB

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit adds a middle 6 winger, which they have a surplus of, and gives up one of their talented young D-men, which they lack.

BRILLIANT!

giphy.gif

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I really like Kapanen, but this is an easy pass and a poorly thought out proposal. Hronek is untouchable for anything less than a better defenseman.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
As a wings fan Detroit doesnt really need more wingers, even though Kapanen is good. I look at it as a 2nd for Glendening (which is probably right around his value) so then its Hronek for Kapanen straight up. The wings need D and Hronek is a top(ish) D prospect and they dont really need wingers. But I think Kapanens value is probably a little higher than Hroneks.

Value wise it might make sense but I'm not sure it makes sense for either team. Kapanen could be used to acquire a more proven, ready Dman and the wings need D not wingers. Hronek is the calibre of prospect that could end up worth it for Kapanen but obviously hes more of a question mark

Leafs fan here. Very reasoned and reasonable reply, thank you.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Not interested in trading Hronek and I’d wait until tradeline to see if a crazy GM will waste a 1st on Glendening. Someone like him brings a that value every year.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Hronek showing some nice potential but just breaking in and still a bit error prone atp, probably not a guy the Leafs would be looking at to improve their backend the rest of this season and in the playoffs. Seems like good value trade for the Wings on the surface but there are somewhat high expectations for Hronek and makes little sense looking at organizational need. Wings politely decline and I'm sure the Leafs do as well.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The Leafs don't need young D-men who we have to break in at the NHL level (he's looked good but its 23 games). This trade makes almost no sense for the Leafs. If we are parting with assets like this, it needs to be for a long-term RHD who can immediately be plugged in next to Rielly. If we can't get that for this package (which is a fair opinion), we don't sell it for a young guy who we hope develops into that role, we just hold firm.

While Babs likes Glendening, I'm not sure paying our 4th line center 1.8m for the next 3 years is ideal with how we have to maneuver the cap.

Now, considering the Red Wings D, I also don't see them too intrigued on moving one of Cholowski or Hronek for anything but a dramatic overpayment. So, while not "untouchable" they are highly unlikely to be moved, especially in a package that doesn't return a mid-20's D man of higher stature (for example, I could see them in packages to land a Parayko).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad