Proposal: Toronto - Chicago

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
One of these two is coming back to the hawks if you want panarin.

I mean via UFA, as the Blackhawks really need capspace and if Panarin wants to go to the highest bidder he will.

TBH I dont see him leaving Chicago but myself and the Leafs management were very high on him.

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
I mean via UFA, as the Blackhawks really need capspace and if Panarin wants to go to the highest bidder he will.

TBH I dont see him leaving Chicago but myself and the Leafs management were very high on him.

Panarin is an RFA at seasons end.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Sure, in the offseason. Until then, he's a very important part of the team.

that's a very passive aggressive use of punctuation you've got there...

I don't think Kruger holds much value to us, was just confused as to why Hawks fans were so defensive of Kruger threads when it seems obvious that he's gotta go to keep a star player

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The only deal I could see between the leafs and Chicago would be something like

JVR (retained)
Cheap depth (forward or D, depends on Chi's need)

For

Pokka
2016 1st
Good 'B' prospect

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

JVR (retained)

For

Pokka
2016 1st
Good 'B' prospect

I'd do that from a leafs perspective, but can Chicago afford the cap commitment on JVR being that he's signed through next year?

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
that's a very passive aggressive use of punctuation you've got there...

I don't think Kruger holds much value to us, was just confused as to why Hawks fans were so defensive of Kruger threads when it seems obvious that he's gotta go to keep a star player
"Passive aggressive use of punctuation" I think you might be reading a bit too far into my reply.:laugh:

As for Kruger's value, I think 99% of Hawks fans are fine with losing Kruger to keep a star player, just not before we have to. He's a key cog in the Hawks' strategy in that he gets buried with defensive assignments that few other players in the league can handle. That allows the Hawks to put their offensive stars in a better position to succeed. So, for Hawks to continue to thrive using the same system that they have for so many years, it's better if we can keep those great bottom 6 defensive forwards who do their job so well for as long as possible.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
"Passive aggressive use of punctuation" I think you might be reading a bit too far into my reply.:laugh:

As for Kruger's value, I think 99% of Hawks fans are fine with losing Kruger to keep a star player, just not before we have to. He's a key cog in the Hawks' strategy in that he gets buried with defensive assignments that few other players in the league can handle. That allows the Hawks to put their offensive stars in a better position to succeed. So, for Hawks to continue to thrive using the same system that they have for so many years, it's better if we can keep those great bottom 6 defensive forwards who do their job so well for as long as possible.

there was a lot of commas and periods in there...

that's fair, real deal shutdown centres mean a lot to contenders and he's a good one. Very good shot suppressor who gets one of the most defensive-biased usages in the league

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty

JVR (retained)

For

Pokka
2016 1st
Good 'B' prospect

Depending on JVR's retention I'd be in. Any idea which prospect would be preferable? And by prospect I mean no one currently on the hawks roster aside from hinostroza. Not Debrincat for that matter as well.

we dont want panarin that much :laugh:

And we don't want to give away panarin in general :laugh:

or give away kruger and hartman for absolutely nothing of worth :laugh:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014

JVR (retained)

For

Pokka
2016 1st
Good 'B' prospect

Problem is we can't even fit JVR in at 50% without salary going back. No one I would want to give up in a JVR deal would get it done cap wise.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Depending on JVR's retention I'd be in. Any idea which prospect would be preferable? And by prospect I mean no one currently on the hawks roster aside from hinostroza. Not Debrincat for that matter as well.

And we don't want to give away panarin in general :laugh:

or give away kruger and hartman for absolutely nothing of worth :laugh:

yeah not a fit obviously. what use do the leafs have in kruger? they are rebuilding. no need to add 3m for a #4C unless they are getting a good pick/prospect in return. leafs would view it as a pure cap dump after the season if the hawks need space for panarin. maybe just leave him exposed for vegas and make a deal so they dont take pokka?

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I don't see the Hawks trading Kruger now unless the Hawks are improving somewhere else. Not to mention Kruger would leave a big hole at C to boot.

The Blackhawks moving key pieces now just makes no sense.

Also, the Hawks roster seems to be meshing at this point so I highly doubt the Hawks will be making any trades in the near future given the Hawks cap position and the fact the Hawks are off to a good start.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kruger is critical to the Blackhawks deployment strategy and excellent at what he does. He's not getting moved for this return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad